cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkhan
Level: Powered On

Flow is calculating Condition response as False everytime

Hello,

I am building an approval flow that has 5 levels and works in a serial manner. Every time level 2 approver approves, the condition is express as False and the wrong branch is triggered. The first level works fine it is the second level that the expression gets evaluated as false even though during testing I approve as 2nd approver.

The workflow is set to : Everyone myst approve/reject
img1.PNG

img2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow is calculating Condition response as False everytime

Hi @hkhan ,

Thanks for providing the screen shot.

It seems that you are using dynamic content Responses in the Condition. Please try with dynamic content Response, rather than Responses in the Condition.

Responses will return an object, which contains requestDate, responseDate, approverResponse and responder. However, Response only returns the approver response, approve or reject.

If all the approvers approve the response, then the Response is Approve, however, if one of the approvers reject the request, Response is Reject.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Make sure your condition contains the proper/matching Responses parameter from the correct Dynamic Content list. Each approval you add, will have a different unique name, with matching paramters tied to that unique name. In the screenshot below, you'll see that there is an Approval and When a file is created heading in the Dynamic Content window. Yours will have an Approval for each approval you have nested in your Flow: DynamicContent.png

Make sure you are using the right approver for each level of the approval. In the condition for the first Approval, use the dynamic Responses from the first Approval. In the second condition, use the dynamic Responses from the second condition - and so on. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hkhan ,

Thanks for providing the screen shot.

It seems that you are using dynamic content Responses in the Condition. Please try with dynamic content Response, rather than Responses in the Condition.

Responses will return an object, which contains requestDate, responseDate, approverResponse and responder. However, Response only returns the approver response, approve or reject.

If all the approvers approve the response, then the Response is Approve, however, if one of the approvers reject the request, Response is Reject.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

hkhan
Level: Powered On

Capture.PNG

I have done exactly what you told me. I had taken care of this already and just to be sure, i deleted 3 out of 5 approvers and only kept 2 level of approvals. In the image above I have pasted the response of level 1 approval and level 2 approval. The response for level 2 is "Approve" and it still processes the rejection part. I am working on items in a library, not a list.

This is what I am choosing as my Response variable for level 2:

Untitled.png

@Brad_Groux @v-yamao-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 233 members 5,070 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: