cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Americo2018
Level: Powered On

Flow is generating its own date!!

Hi,

I am using MS Flow to create some flows that send emails and copy data from two lists into a third list.

In these lists I have date-time columns that are only using the date, not the time part.

The thing is this:

The list A is receiving abscence notifications which include the abscence's date and a flow send a email notification with the date among other information. The email shows the date in the correct format.

Then, I have another list (B) that receive notifications of when the abscence's period ends and once again, a flow send a notification email with the right date.

There is a third list (C) which is used to get track of all abscences and count the amount of days from the date that appears in the A list and the date in the B list. The problem is that the flow that runs to get the data from A and B, and then send it to C, is giving me the wrong abscence's date. Here are some images:

This is the C flow:

1.png

The trigger is when an item is created in the list B, the floaw get information from the list A - here I am interested in the Date from the list A.

Once I get that data I create a new object in the list C, I am using the date from the A list (Sjukanmälandatum). The result is this:

2.png

As you see the date I am receiving from the list A is 2017-09-18, but in the list A is:

3.png

And the confirmation email looks like this:

4.png

As you see, the email get thte right date!

Why is Flow changing the date? Other thing is that It doesn't matter what day I use in the list A, it is allways 2017-09-18 and that column doesn't have any standard date in its settings.

Best regards

Americo

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Americo2018

Re: Flow is generating its own date!!

I will need to check that before I can give you a correct answer.

What I can say is that in the Get there is no filter at all.

I have change the "Get Items" to "Get Item", you are right, I only need one item from the list. And for the Id I am using the "ElevID" .

"I wonder if somehow it is always Getting the *first* item in List A, which does have a date of 2017-09-18...?"

Once again, it seems you are right, I haven't noted. It seems like it is getting the date of the first object. During the day I have tested different combinations and I saw that the data was repeated but I didn't noted that maybe the flow is taking the date of the first row.

I am gona take look to that tomorrow and I will take some printscreen.

Thanks for the help,

I will postback how I am doing tomorrow!!

Best regards,

Americo

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

I'm happy to hear you solved the issue, @Americo2018! I think that probably without using the ID for a single item, the Flow was getting the first date value it came to when you were using the Get Items action.

Regarding a "number of workdays" calculation, I just ran across this article today: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/carlosfigueira/2017/09/23/excluding-weekends-and-holidays-in-date-d...

The article explains a formula to do this in PowerApps, but I imagine you could do something similar with an expression in Flow (though I haven't tried it myself).

- Sandy

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

7 REPLIES 7
Leo09
Level 8

Flow use and convert all the time to UTC time automantically. Do you know that?

Super User
Super User

Hi, @Americo2018!

In the Get Items action, how is the Flow selecting which item from List A to get? Is there a filter by the name that's coming from the new List B item? I wonder if somehow it is always Getting the *first* item in List A, which does have a date of 2017-09-18...?

Also, do you not really only want a single item from List A? That is, "Get Item" rather than "Get Items"?

- Sandy

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Americo2018

I will need to check that before I can give you a correct answer.

What I can say is that in the Get there is no filter at all.

I have change the "Get Items" to "Get Item", you are right, I only need one item from the list. And for the Id I am using the "ElevID" .

"I wonder if somehow it is always Getting the *first* item in List A, which does have a date of 2017-09-18...?"

Once again, it seems you are right, I haven't noted. It seems like it is getting the date of the first object. During the day I have tested different combinations and I saw that the data was repeated but I didn't noted that maybe the flow is taking the date of the first row.

I am gona take look to that tomorrow and I will take some printscreen.

Thanks for the help,

I will postback how I am doing tomorrow!!

Best regards,

Americo

Super User
Super User

Great - I'll be interested to hear if you are able to get it resolved!

- Sandy

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Americo2018

Finally I solved it!

But I don't know how Smiley Happy

The only I did was change Get Items to Get Item and use the object ID in there.

The rest of the flow was the same.

I was looking a way to count the amount of workdays between the two dates but I only found a formula that works inside of a calculate column, do you now if that can be done with flow?

Best Regards,

Americo

Super User
Super User

I'm happy to hear you solved the issue, @Americo2018! I think that probably without using the ID for a single item, the Flow was getting the first date value it came to when you were using the Get Items action.

Regarding a "number of workdays" calculation, I just ran across this article today: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/carlosfigueira/2017/09/23/excluding-weekends-and-holidays-in-date-d...

The article explains a formula to do this in PowerApps, but I imagine you could do something similar with an expression in Flow (though I haven't tried it myself).

- Sandy

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Americo2018

Thanks,

I will give it a try.

Thanks!!

Regards,

Americo

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,918)