cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Flow is incorrectly reading the status of blank fields in a condition statement

Kind of frustrated on this one.  I basically have a condition that says if a field is not blank AND two other fields are not blank to execute.  The fact is that despite some of the fields being blank it is still executing.  In my screenshot below you can see the three fields that I am referring to (Employee Number, Employee e-mail, and Payroll Provided Username) in the condition.  You can also see where some of these fields are blank in the SharePoint list.  Yet when I run the flow it comes back as true when it most certainly isn't true. 

You can also see where I tried doing "Null" as the value but that didn't help.  Any ideas?

Flow.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Flow is incorrectly reading the status of blank fields in a condition statement

Currently it's looking for the string "null". Instead use the expression null.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.null2.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Flow is incorrectly reading the status of blank fields in a condition statement

I suspect that your issue is that there is a difference between Null and Blank.  An Empty string "" is blank, but not Null.  Try using empty() inthe formula expression of the dynamic content instead of Null.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Super User III
Super User III

Currently it's looking for the string "null". Instead use the expression null.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.null2.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@Pstork1Unfortunately this didn't work for me, and give me a lengthy error when I ran the flow.

@RobElliottThis worked perfect!!!  Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,667)