cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
astest

Flow is saved with a permanent error message - Can't modify it

I'm a bit stumped here. I believe the problem lies with my mistaking the Excel Online connector with the Excel for OneDrive connector. I dropped in a "get tables" step I believe but it failed to create the connection because I'm not using the personal plan license. It won't let me save anything now though. Even if I open the flow and immediately press "save" there's an error message.

Long story short, my flow seems to think the step still exists, but it doesn't. I've removed it but I'm still getting the error:

Flow save failed with code 'DynamicOperationRequestClientFailure' and message 'The dynamic operation request to API 'excelonlinebusiness' operation 'GetTable' failed with status code 'Forbidden'. This may indicate invalid input parameters. Error response: {"status":403,"source":"<removed>","message":"Error from token exchange: Permission denied due to missing connection ACL: <removed>, connection=canada-001/excelonlinebusiness/shared-excelonlinebu-<removed>"}'.

I removed a few parts as they looked like GUIDs to my environment I didn't want to post publicly. Please let me know if they are needed. I've tried the following:

- Turn off the flow, turn it back on

- Delete connections and recreate them

- Re-added a Excel for OneDrive connector, tried to connect (fails) and then delete it

- Create a copy of the flow (can't save it due to error)

It's alot of work to recreate what I have, but I will start to do it in the meantime.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
astest

Well go figure, solved it a few minutes after posting. I'll leave this up in case anyone else ever finds this. Solution for me was to:

- delete all Excel calls on my Flow

- Save it

- Re-add the excel calls

Better than redoing the whole thing. I'll take it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
astest

Well go figure, solved it a few minutes after posting. I'll leave this up in case anyone else ever finds this. Solution for me was to:

- delete all Excel calls on my Flow

- Save it

- Re-add the excel calls

Better than redoing the whole thing. I'll take it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,688)