cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilson16
Regular Visitor

Flow is sending multiple of same email

I built a flow that looks at a SharePoint list column (Contract Ending Soon). If the value is No, then the flow sends a customized email matching specific criterion. For example, if the contract is not ending soon and the date value in one of the fields matches a certain date, then the email sends. That. part works fine The issue I'm having is that when all of that applies, it is sending the email 3 times. I saw some other posts about initializing a variable, but I'm not sure how to modify that to my situation.

1.png2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @wilson16 ,

I'd guess the issue is in the in the 'Apply to each' parallel branches after the 'Compose 2' action. You're already looping through all the results from 'Get items' in the first 'Apply to each', you don't need to loop through them again inside the loop, that is sending the multiple emails.

After the 'Compose 2' I'd remove all the 'Apply to each' actions and use 'Switch' action based on the specific criteria and send a corresponding email.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @wilson16 ,

I'd guess the issue is in the in the 'Apply to each' parallel branches after the 'Compose 2' action. You're already looping through all the results from 'Get items' in the first 'Apply to each', you don't need to loop through them again inside the loop, that is sending the multiple emails.

After the 'Compose 2' I'd remove all the 'Apply to each' actions and use 'Switch' action based on the specific criteria and send a corresponding email.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,615)