cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrtnM
Level: Powered On

Flow is showing strange error messages and content I didn't ask for ...?

I've made my first Flow, for leave requests, following this guide. It works perfectly, apart from that dates are shown "wrong."

Then I found this, that addresses the exactly the same issue. So I tried to build a new Flow with the Recurrance first (since it is not possible to insert a step before the first step in an existing Fow it seems) - but it seems that the way a Flow is built has changed in the last few weeks. Now a new but identically built Flow will not allow me to save it, and things are differently looking.

It automatically adds things that create error messages upon saving, ie:

* I create a step "Send approval email" and the Flow adds some sort of box that auto-inserts "Text", and when I think "ok, that's a new thing" and try to save - I get the error message reading (in translation) "The workflow action Send_approval_email has the type ApiConnectionWebhook that can not be encapsulated in a foreach action."

Namnlöst-2.jpg

* I try to make it "Update Sharepoint object" but I am not allowed tho choose "ID" in the "ID" field, but get the error message that "one foreach can not be ensapsulted in another foreach."

Namnlöst-1.jpg

What is this and how do I get rid of it ...? It worked so nicely before!

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow is showing strange error messages and content I didn't ask for ...?

Hi @MrtnM,

Please take a try to delete the Apply to Each, then add it again.

Sometimes the Apply to Each Action can't determine very well  for the elements within it.

For Apply to Each (example here), it would need the value content of the previous action as the Input.

Besides, would it be convenient for you to describe your scenario (Flow structure, trigger, and the other stuffs), so that I could offer some additional suggestions about the flow configuration?

Besides, see if the following article would help:

Wait for approval in Microsoft Flow

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MrtnM
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-micsh-msft
Thanks kindly for the reply.

I have tried to delete and re-add, and create new flows and so on, but the result is the same every time.

What I have created earlier is an approval workflow for leave requests. When I created this, the Apply to each didn't exist, as far as I understand.

266ead85-7fe9-44f5-a238-f58c59b2f975 (2).jpg

This works perfectly ... apart from the detail that dates are shown "one day earlier" in the Flow than in the listobject. That means, that if user makes a request for May 3-4, upopn updating object in the last step of the Flow, dates are set to 2-3 (start date-end date). That is not so good.

I was told this could be because of a time zone error, and that a Recurrence with the correct time zone set at the start of the Flow could correct this.

But it is just simply impossible to create an identical Flow since the appearance of the Apply to each. No matter what I do, I get error messages.

Namnlöst-1.jpg

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MrtnM,

Thanks for the Update.

I performed some tests for Apply to each action, and found some problems when using it.

Feedback has been sent from my side, I will update here once I got any response.

Regards,

Michael

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MrtnM,

Apply to each UI issue should be fixed, could you please share your current situation?

If any further help needed, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,574)