cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow is timing out while copying files between document libraries

Hello All,

We are crating a flow to copy 600+ files from one document library to another and the flow is failing after copying 100 files. Read a lot of articles about adding delay , However not sure how it needs to be implemented in a Flow

Below is the Flow

codrz619_0-1615535882798.png

Would appreciate if anyone could help me fix the timeout issue

@annajhaveri 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous  which Power Automate license plan if your flow using, here is reference to performance of flow based on license https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config#performance-profiles

If your license is not under Low performance profile, then still there are chances that you can copy thousands of files using flow, though copying thousands of files using flow, may affect flow performance.

One more thing you could try is turning on concurrency control of Apply to each action from settings of the action.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Rilsina
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Faced a similar situation while updating Excel that had large no of rows. After 2 mins, the flow failed due to time out My Task was a one time activity, if its the same case for you, try to divide the content to batches.

You can try to copy 100 records at a time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying , Do you have an example to implement this?

@Anonymous  using apply to each for 600 files doesnt sound like a good idea, the flow performance will get affected and it may timeout, is this a onetime process you are trying to do or such huge number of files will get copied via flow frequently?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
Anonymous
Not applicable

@annajhaveri Thanks for responding , this is just a one time step and would not be used on a daily basis

@Anonymous  in that case may i ask why you are trying to do this with flow, you could also do this from SharePoint Library?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Anonymous
Not applicable

@annajhaveri  That's a valid question 🙂

We are not relying on out of the box options . We are developing an app that would copy 1000s of files in future when the flow is triggered , 600 is a good starting point to start developing it

Anonymous
Not applicable

@annajhaveri  any suggestion on this? The issue persists

@Anonymous  which Power Automate license plan if your flow using, here is reference to performance of flow based on license https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config#performance-profiles

If your license is not under Low performance profile, then still there are chances that you can copy thousands of files using flow, though copying thousands of files using flow, may affect flow performance.

One more thing you could try is turning on concurrency control of Apply to each action from settings of the action.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,513)