Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shaneOZ
Level 8

Flow isnt showing Value dynamic content

Hi,

Ive built a flow thats almost identical to another one i built the other day, except the locations are different,

im trying to send the SMU (single text) on Asset Register to

Current SMU (single text) on Asset Service using the Asset ID column which is on both lists (Its a lookup column on Asset Service that gets its values fro a a single text column on Asset Register)

however im getting the following error?

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Get_items' inputs at line '1' and column '2580': 'The template language expression 'triggerBody()?['Asset_x0020_ID']?['Value']' cannot be evaluated because property 'Value' cannot be selected. Property selection is not supported on values of type 'String'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

Could anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Willemijn
Level 8

Re: Flow isnt showing Value dynamic content

Hi! 

Is this the same issue as here? https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Sharepoint-item-is-Created-gt-Update-ite... 

If it's a lookup column it's the same issue I think, the workaround I suggested there could work here maybe to? 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Willemijn
Level 8

Could you provide a little more info on your 'get item'  block. What are you doing there.

shaneOZ
Level 8

@Willemijn wrote:

Could you provide a little more info on your 'get item'  block. What are you doing there.

Hi with alot of configuring i made another column that was a text column and copied the lookup columns values in it and it worked which makes me think its this

Asset_x0020_ID eq 'dynamiccontent'

if i want the value of Asset_x0020_ID.Value? could you give me the syntax and send me to the wiki i cant find it anywhere?

Willemijn
Level 8

I'm sorry I still don't understand what you mean exactly. You want to see what's in the column Asset_x0020_ID, which is a text column? I think, reading your error you can just select the asset ID from the dynamic content? You don't need the [value] property, this is only needed with choice columns. 

shaneOZ
Level 8

@Willemijn wrote:

I'm sorry I still don't understand what you mean exactly. You want to see what's in the column Asset_x0020_ID, which is a text column? I think, reading your error you can just select the asset ID from the dynamic content? You don't need the [value] property, this is only needed with choice columns. 

Hi Willemijn,

Thankyou for your time and response, i think ive found the cause of my issues.

If i create a simple text column in my list and double up the info ie Asset ID is a lookup column and AssetMineCall a text column and both recieve the same info i can then use the following

AssetMineCall eq 'Dynamiccontent'

whereas if i use 

Asset_x0020_ID eq 'Dynamiccontent' i get a empty body. 

Im guessing because Asset_x0020_ID is a lookup column and AssetMineCall is a text column. 

Willemijn
Level 8

Hi! 

Is this the same issue as here? https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Sharepoint-item-is-Created-gt-Update-ite... 

If it's a lookup column it's the same issue I think, the workaround I suggested there could work here maybe to? 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,346)