cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow keeps running at a certain step (without failing though)

Hello friends,

I am new to Power Automate and trying to build a multi-level approval workflow. Everything goes smooth except for two issues I could not resolve and hope you could help with:

1- The flow keeps running at a certain approval level without being able to move to the next step. Please see the photos below. By the way, I use a condition based on the approver email availability in the list, otherwise it move to the next approver.

2- Following a successful approval, an action updates the Approver Comments to the list then another approval starts wherein I capture the previous approver comments from the list column (assuming that value is already created by the previous update action). But only values of previous runs show. Hope this is clear and you can help.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WAM2 ,

For your issue below:

Following a successful approval, an action updates the Approver Comments to the list then another approval starts where in I capture the previous approver comments from the list column (assuming that value is already created by the previous update action). 

You need to add a "Get item" action before the "capture the previous approver comments from the list column" operation, since the item is updated with the Approver comments, You should choose the approver comments dynamic content from the new "Get item" action when you capture the previous approver comments from the list column.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can anyone help on this issues. I spent long hours figuring out the issue to no avail.

@ChristianAbata

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WAM2 ,

For your issue below:

Following a successful approval, an action updates the Approver Comments to the list then another approval starts where in I capture the previous approver comments from the list column (assuming that value is already created by the previous update action). 

You need to add a "Get item" action before the "capture the previous approver comments from the list column" operation, since the item is updated with the Approver comments, You should choose the approver comments dynamic content from the new "Get item" action when you capture the previous approver comments from the list column.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you @v-alzhan-msft . This solutions works perfectly for the second part of my issue. I really appreciate that. I also figured out another way through creating a variable and appending to it all comments and then call it at anytime.

However, I am still waiting a solution for the first part of my question.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,703)