cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmooreii
Helper III
Helper III

Flow needed to email any modifications to a list

I am looking for a way to check a SharePoint list for any modifications performed on the current date and email list entries found to users in a single email message

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @dmooreii ,

Seems you are looking for a daily scheduled flow that filter the modified column based on date and then do the email job. 

Let's say that you want to check the modified items in current day at the end of the work day. This example took all the modified items from yesterday end of work day (18:00) until today() (when the flow is scheduled to run), convert the data (ID item and link to the item) is a HTML table and send  the results to whom you need.

Capture.PNG

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @dmooreii ,

Seems you are looking for a daily scheduled flow that filter the modified column based on date and then do the email job. 

Let's say that you want to check the modified items in current day at the end of the work day. This example took all the modified items from yesterday end of work day (18:00) until today() (when the flow is scheduled to run), convert the data (ID item and link to the item) is a HTML table and send  the results to whom you need.

Capture.PNG

Hope it helps !

dmooreii
Helper III
Helper III

When I enter the filter string as you have it, I get "the expression is invalid"

@dmooreii ,

there are two small qoutes ‘ before and after. Have you use it ?

Modified gt ‘ formula ‘

dmooreii
Helper III
Helper III

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Get_items' inputs at line '1' and column '14629': 'The template language function 'addDays' expects a timestamp as the first parameter, the number of days to add as the second parameter, and an optional format string as the third parameter. The function was invoked with '0' parameter(s). Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#adddays for usage details.'.

I was able to get this to work.

Just one issue left.

One of my fields is a status dropdown.

When I receive the email it shows like this:

{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":0,"Value":"Available"}

Is there a way to parse out just the value of the field ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,909)