cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephenM
Level: Powered On

Flow not recognizing SQL table as a datasource for trigger

i have a gateway, i can connect to my SQL, i see SOME tables but i dont see THE table i want. 

why is FLOW only showing me some of my SQL tables in my db and not the others?

any help would be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow not recognizing SQL table as a datasource for trigger

Hi @StephenM,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Could you please show a bit more about the table that you want to choose?

Further, do you want to use a SQL trigger for on-premises SQL Server within your flow?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. I could choose all available SQL tables within SQL trigger:23.JPG

Please check if the SQL table that you want to choose within SQL trigger is a temporal table, the temporal table is not supported in SQL Server connector of Microsoft Flow currently.

Also please check if there is a primary key in the SQL table that you want to choose within SQL trigger. If there is no primary key within your SQL table, it would not be shown up as a available table within SQL trigger.

In addition, the SQL triggers are not supported for on-premises SQL Server currently, the SQL triggers are only supported for Azure SQL Server.

More details about the Known issues and limitations of SQL Server connector, please check the following article:

Known issues and Limitations of SQL Server connector

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
StephenM
Level: Powered On

thanks for the response.  i should have posted earlier, i figured out why it wasnt working (through trial and error) and it was the lack of primary key on my table. once that was in it worked. i have it manually firing and then looks up the table in SQL to see if there's data, and if there is then it'll copy that to a list on Mailchimp. 

What i've not been able to do is be dynamic with the list to add it to - ideally from a column in the table which has the mailchimplistname but i cant seem to get that accepted by flow / mailchimp

thanks

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @StephenM,

Do you need any other help?

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Hennie
Level: Power Up

In my case the primairy key was of type nvarchar(20). It works when the primairy key is of type Int. In Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a common used type varchar(20) for primairy key. This can't be changed.

Solution: Create a new table with a primairy key of type Int. Sync this new table with the original Microsoft Dynamics NAV with events.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,607)