cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow not recognizing new list item

Hello,

I am trying to create a flow that when a new list item is added,an email is sent based on what is selected in the "Dashboard Type" column. "Dashboard Type" is a Choice type of column with a required answer. I am using switch cases and with the differnt dashboard types selected, emails needs to be sent to different people. However, my flow is only recognizing one of the "Dashboard Types". For all of the other dashboard types- there is no failed flow- it doesn't even recognize that a list was added. Do you have any suggestions to help me fix this problem?

Thanks,

Rachel

Not sure if this is relevant- but the only Dashboard Type recognized is the last dashboard type in the choice list. 

I also get this error when selecting Dashboard Type Value for the "On" of my switch case, but in my list- Dashboard Type is a required answer.

"You have added an optional value into this required field, so this action may fail. You may want to choose a different value that will always be present."

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow not recognizing new list item

Hi katzr,

According to your description, the "Dashboard Type" is a Choice column. So I create a list which has choice column in it, named “choice”, and there are three choice values “aa”, “bb”, “cc”.

Then I create a flow using the switch case.

For the On field of the switch case, I select the dynamic content “choice value”.

Then add three cases, when the choice value equals to “aa”, “bb”, and “cc”.

The flow is configured likes below. And it will be triggered when a new item is created and send email to different people according to choice selection.
3.PNG

Please take it for a reference and try again with it on your side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Re: Flow not recognizing new list item

Hi Mabel Mao,

The way you described your flow is exactly how I had built mine. I had to delete the flow a few times and create it again to get the flow to somewhat begin to work. However, occasionally the flow does not work as expected and no action is triggered. Are there any reccommendations you have to ensure the actions are triggered or any way to improve the consistency that I can control?

Thanks,

Rachel

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,275)