Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexanderUK
Advocate I
Advocate I

Flow not retaining non exchange email address set as requirement for trigger

Hi all.

I'm trying to set up a flow for when a certain email address not within the exchange group (A member of the public for example) emails me, to export the email to a SharePoint document Library.

However when using any variant of the "When an email arrives" trigger, when entering this person's email address in the "To:" field. It'll not give any error messages, but when I save the flow and exit out of it and go back in, the email address has disappeared and the field is empty. It will only accept anything within the Exchange Group.

Is there a way around this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AlexanderUK ,

Thank you for your feedback! I did a test on my side to reproduce the issue you encountered.

If an email address outside the organization is configured in the To field, the parameters configured in this field will be cleared when the configured Flow is opened again.

I will report this issue and if there are any updates, I will post back.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @AlexanderUK ,

Update of this issue!

Please try the following workaround!

Please press Tab when you entered an email address in the To field, then enter the next email address with the same method.

Like:

Screen1.gif

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

7 REPLIES 7
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

Hi @AlexanderUK  please try with ; at the end.

punto y coma.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Thank you for your response.

Same issue sadly. It'll not give any rejection messages when saving. But when you close it and go back it'll still be empty and it hasn't retained the email address.

@AlexanderUK  Maeby it's a kind of a bug.

Please try deleting your conector and create a new one an save your flow.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Sadly no effect on this either, same issue occurs. Even got another user to attempt to try all of the above as well and the same issues are happening to them.

Hi @AlexanderUK ,

Thank you for your feedback! I did a test on my side to reproduce the issue you encountered.

If an email address outside the organization is configured in the To field, the parameters configured in this field will be cleared when the configured Flow is opened again.

I will report this issue and if there are any updates, I will post back.

Best Regards,

Hi @AlexanderUK ,

Update of this issue!

Please try the following workaround!

Please press Tab when you entered an email address in the To field, then enter the next email address with the same method.

Like:

Screen1.gif

Best Regards,

Works perfectly. Thank you for looking into this!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,943)