cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Flow not returning values

I have a flow which is scheduled to build an email every Monday Morning.  The flow uses a View of data from a Time Sheet app.  The fields I am tracking in the view are:
  - Employee ( Column name: Title)
  - Project (Column name: Project)
 - Task (Column name: Task)

- Period Start (Column name: PeriodStart)
 - Period End (Column name: PeriodEnd)

- Weekly Total (Column name: WeeklyTotal)

The view is part of a list which gets created by another Flow triggered on the entry of the hours by the Employees.  It has been working correctly for several months.  I am attempting to prepare the email reports for our accountant so that the employees will not need to keep double records on hours.  (The accountant isn't very technical and can not access the SharePoint page to print out the hours)

The issue I am having with this schedule flow is that when it runs it returns records but for each row that satisfies the PeriodStart date it makes another record.  So if the employee has worked on 6 tasks within various projects then I get 6 emails but all of them contain the same 6 rows with the correct information in them.

The image of the expression is not quite correct, if I make the PeriodStart field equal to the expression string I get no data returning.  However, I discovered that if I make the PeriodStart field greater than or equal to the expression I am returned data.   How do I only return the records which the Employee has entered information into without the extra duplicates? 

Scehduled Email Filter.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Flow not returning values

Hi @3R-Automation ,

I believe that action it is inside of an "Apply to each" right? That's why it send 6 emails. Would you be able to provide a screenshot with a bigger part of the flow? I believe we could picture it better, if we know how actions precede that one and what comes after it.

Just take care to hide the sensitive information as well. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,716)