cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Flow not setting Approval Status to Approved

Good afternoon all 

Ok so im using the standard approval flow in a test document library which is the one below.

flow.png

I receive the approval E-mail, approve the document but the approval status does not change.
pending.png

Any help would be greatly apreciated and thank you in advnce.

Kindest Regards 

Lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Flow not setting Approval Status to Approved

No, this does not look correct.  You do not need anything from Azure Storage.   Here is a screenshot of my test. I did not add the approval and condition but you can see the "Get  file Metadata" and how to add the etag.

2019-02-21_10-14-01.jpg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

You have to set the status with an action.   If this is just a standard field then you would just use "Update Item" but if this is an approval column (looks like it is) then you would need to use the "Set content approval status" action. You would add one to each site of your condition to handle both the approve and reject status.

If this helps please mark this as a solution.  

Thank you

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

That totally makes sense thanks you very much Mark, however after adding what you recommended I still have the same problem.

I have a feeling it’s going to be down to the ID that’s set, is there anything in particular it should be changed to ? 

flow.png

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Just make sure it is the ID of the first trigger.  I belive it was "When a document is created".  Also I belive for document you need to have the etag field filled out.  

Also are you getting anykind of error or is it just now doing anything?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Ok so it looks like it will work once the Etag is set...... however im cluless as to what to set it to 🙂

The error im getting now is.

The ETag of this item does not match the one used for setting content approval status. The contents of the item may have changed before the action was completed.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to test this before I responded.

You will need to add the "Get File Metadata" action as that action will grap the eTag from the file. Then you can use the eTag from the "Get File Metadata" for the approval action.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Very sorry if I seem like a slow burner 🙂

Would the below image be correct?

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

No, this does not look correct.  You do not need anything from Azure Storage.   Here is a screenshot of my test. I did not add the approval and condition but you can see the "Get  file Metadata" and how to add the etag.

2019-02-21_10-14-01.jpg

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Well my friend you have me happy as Larry all sorted thank you very much.

One last question if you don’t mind while I have a flow guru's attention.

Is there away of getting the approvers comments to show in the blank aproval notes ?

Untitled3455.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,763)