cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lre
Regular Visitor

Flow not triggered if you fill in to mail adress

I made a shared mailbox with different alias , i want flow to filter on the to field to post a file on sharepoint.

But if i fill in the to field with a mail address the flow is not triggered , without a e-mail adress in the to: it works .

11 REPLIES 11
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Can you please upload flow picture and explain which action you are having trouble with?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
lre
Regular Visitor

Hi,

The purpose is to filter on the to field : depending on the e-mail address in the to field we want to trigger this flow.

De reason is that we don’t want to make for every to address a different mailbox , al e-mail addresses are linked to one mailbox.

If a leave the to : field empty the flow is triggered but this is not the purpose.

First to trigger when a new mail arrive

lre_0-1631166536720.png

Depending on the to field in a new mail arrives we save the attachment on an different SharePoint library.

lre_1-1631166557850.png

Updated !

Hi,

The purpose is to filter on the to field : depending on the e-mail address in the to field we want to trigger this flow.

De reason is that we don’t want to make for every to address a different mailbox , al e-mail addresses are linked to one mailbox.

If a leave the to : field empty the flow is triggered but this is not the purpose.

First to trigger when a new mail arrive

lre_0-1631166606970.png

lre_1-1631166634886.png

Sorry !! It is confusing. 

You are using a trigger 'When new email arrives V3'. This trigger will fire when you get a new email in your inbox. What I am not getting is where is Shared in box in use here.

Also, by To clause recipients, you mean people that were put in To clause other than yourself? May be you can use Switch and write a logic like below?

PrasadAthalye_0-1631199454691.png

Power Automate Community
lre
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your answer.

Even with the conditional it does not work , it has something to do with the to : adress in the mail.

It is not availble in the output details of the  new mail flow .

I am not aware  if it is a exchange problem or a flow problem ?

I have both problems with a shared of deticated mailbox.

Are you trying to filter To clause? If yes, what is the problem you are facing? To clause will have email addresses to which email is sent.

Power Automate Community

Thanks for you response 

Yes filter the to Clause , but if go the newmail flow and under output  download details there is a recipient to and there is only the primary mail adress vissible of the box the the alias is never passed  if use the mailadress in to from the sender mailclient.

,"from":"xxxx","toRecipients":"yyyy","attachments":

Wich mean i need to make for every mailadress a seperated mailbox.

I have 34 alliasses to filter 

Can you add a Compose Action and map it to 'To' property from trigger? Then run a test and see what compose show? Does it show all email addresses?

Power Automate Community

Thanks again for your effort .

Indeed in the compose i see only the the orginal mail adress , not the one to wich i send .

If i analyze the header in outlook the to field is correct , so i think the mail is not really wel received from office 365 

even in the docs of Microsoft -> They notice you can filter on alias

Trigger a flow when a new email arrives - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Trigger a cloud flow based on the address to which an email was sent. This property can be useful if you receive email that was sent to different email addresses in the same inbox.

Did you solve the problem? If not, have a look at this.

Freelance Power Automate developer. $50 per hour.

Thanks , no solution i called Microsoft and this is by design , so indeed you can do it with subfolders or transport rules , but should such simpler to recognize the to field ,also docs is confused.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,324)