Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
reanm
Level: Powered On

Flow not triggering for Common Data Service

Hi there

I have a Flow that triggers on when a record is created (and a separate one with the exact same action when a record is updated) on the Opportunity Line entity in Dynamics.

The Flow triggers fine when I create or update an Opportunity Line record in Dynamics - but for my users it doesn't trigger.

These users have Create/Edit permissions on the Opportunity Line entity.

What am I missing? Is there anything I need to do additionally to have this flow triggered by my users' action?

Thanks
Rean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
reanm

Re: Flow not triggering for Common Data Service

Hi everyone

I found the answer to my question (thanks to this blogpost by ELAIZA BENITEZ: http://benitezhere.blogspot.com/2018/09/how-to-configure-dynamics-365-workflow-scope-in-flow.html).

I had to set the scope of my Flow to Organisation. I'm used to setting the scope to User (as in CRM Workflows) so that the workflow executes within the permissions of that user.

Hope this can help someone with similiar issues.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
reanm

Re: Flow not triggering for Common Data Service

Hi everyone

I found the answer to my question (thanks to this blogpost by ELAIZA BENITEZ: http://benitezhere.blogspot.com/2018/09/how-to-configure-dynamics-365-workflow-scope-in-flow.html).

I had to set the scope of my Flow to Organisation. I'm used to setting the scope to User (as in CRM Workflows) so that the workflow executes within the permissions of that user.

Hope this can help someone with similiar issues.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,203)