cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow not triggering from Entity created by CRM Workflow

Hi there,

I have created a Flow that triggers when a new record is added to Notes in Dynamics 365.

In Dynamics 365 I have a workflow that creates a Note.

When i run the workflow, my Flow does not get triggered. When i manually add a Note, the Flow triggers just fine.

I have tried a couple of different things:

• New Flow
  • Different triggers (CDS, Dynamics)
  • New connections

All of the above retains the issue. The Flow does not trigger when the Note is created by the workflow, but does trigger fine when i create the Note manually.

Please help me! I am losing my mind over this.

Best Regards,

Kasper

6 REPLIES 6
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@KasperLaursen 

Which Connector you are using?

Can you share screenshots?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

KasperLaursen_0-1595579566360.png

Like i mentioned I have tried both with CDS and Dynamics

@KasperLaursen 

Dynamics 365 Connector is deprecated please do not use it.

Create a Solution-> Create a new flow from inside the solution and use the CDS(Current Environment Connector) for the trigger

Mira_Ghaly_0-1595579938871.png

I tried the same scenario from my side and it worked successfully! If this still did not work i guess you need to make sure that the note is already created via the other workflow.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks for your reply and pointing me in the direction of solutions.

Still...

KasperLaursen_0-1595581175102.png

Same thing. Never triggers from Notes created by my workflow.

Best Regards,

Kasper

@KasperLaursen

I Now this sound crazy but are u sure

1. Flow is created in the same environment 

2. The notes are created via your workflows 

I am absolutely positive.

I test by running the workflow, seeing if the flow triggers, then adding the note manually. I can see the note from the workflow right next to my manually created one, but only the manually created one causes the flow to run.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (11,017)