Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Flow not triggering regularly on new item

Hi all, 

I built a simple flow that is supposed to be triggered when a document is created.

It sits on a list called Publishing Library.

When I copy a document from a different library into this library (Modern Experience), the flow should trigger. 

It only triggers about 2 out of 3 times. The other time it simply does not register a new document and does not trigger. 

I am starting to suspect that it has something to do with the Copy To function in the new experience.

I tried to rebuild the same workflow in SharePoint Designer, but this workflow NEVER triggers when I use the Copy To function. 

Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice?

Sylvie

Sylvie

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow not triggering regularly on new item

Hi @SylvieLet17,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

I have made a test on my side (Using "Copy to" function in the new experience) and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:6.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

Please check if you have specified proper value within Site Address field and Library Name field of the trigger of your flow.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi Kris,

You ran it multiple times? My flow only worked 4 out of 13 times. 

Mine is configured like this,

Config1.pngConfig2.png

but I have also tested several similar workflows that are configured like yours below, to just send an email. The result is the same on every Flow. It runs 1/3 of the time. 

Sylvie

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

I just tested it on:

a different library in a different site collection

a different library in the same site collection

a brand new library in the same site collection.

A different workflow in all the above situations. 

Same results. My latest test the flow triggered successfully the first 9 out of 17 times. The 10th - 17th times, nothing happened. 

It's frustrating because by the 9th time you're ready to admit the flow works...then you get to the 10th.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

FYI: this is recognized as a bug now and has been raised as a high severity bug to the Microsoft Product Team. 

I will update when I receive an answer from them. 

Sylvie

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,394)