I built a simple flow that is supposed to be triggered when a document is created.
It sits on a list called Publishing Library.
When I copy a document from a different library into this library (Modern Experience), the flow should trigger.
It only triggers about 2 out of 3 times. The other time it simply does not register a new document and does not trigger.
I am starting to suspect that it has something to do with the Copy To function in the new experience.
I tried to rebuild the same workflow in SharePoint Designer, but this workflow NEVER triggers when I use the Copy To function.
Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice?
Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?
I have made a test on my side (Using "Copy to" function in the new experience) and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:
The flow works successfully as below:
Please check if you have specified proper value within Site Address field and Library Name field of the trigger of your flow.
You ran it multiple times? My flow only worked 4 out of 13 times.
Mine is configured like this,
but I have also tested several similar workflows that are configured like yours below, to just send an email. The result is the same on every Flow. It runs 1/3 of the time.
I just tested it on:
a different library in a different site collection
a different library in the same site collection
a brand new library in the same site collection.
A different workflow in all the above situations.
Same results. My latest test the flow triggered successfully the first 9 out of 17 times. The 10th - 17th times, nothing happened.
It's frustrating because by the 9th time you're ready to admit the flow works...then you get to the 10th.
FYI: this is recognized as a bug now and has been raised as a high severity bug to the Microsoft Product Team.
I will update when I receive an answer from them.