cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ck25415
Level 8

Flow not triggering to every version of an item in SPO library

Hello,

I have flow trigger "when a file is created/modified(properties only)". However I see that the flow is not trigerring on some of the versions of the file but triggers on a later version. I also see that the API call per connection is 600/60 seconds. Is there a possibility that limit is throttled and the flow did not kick off and the flow started working when the API calls are renewed ?

If that is the case, creating multiple sharepoint connections with my account and use a different connection on different flows will resolve this issue?

It would be great if the account which is used to configure the connection gets a warning email that API calls are throttled.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Flow not triggering to every version of an item in SPO library

Hi @ck25415 ,

I can't understand that the flow is not trigerring on some of the versions of the file clearly.

Is that means sometimes when you modified the file, the flow will not been triggered?

Could you please share an example (screenshot) for us?

Or you can turn on the 'Concurrency Control' in the trigger setting for a try.

Capture7.PNGCapture6.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ck25415
Level 8

Hello @v-zhos-msft ,

You are correct the flow is not triggered sometimes when the file is modified and there is atleast 2- 3 minutes gap between each version creation of the file. See below images, the flow only ran for 2 times for 5 versions.

flowruns.JPG

Versions.JPG

I do not want to turn on concurency because I want the flows to run simultaneously at the same time. I am still not sure if this because of the API call throttling  and I dont know how to check if that is the reason and also we large pool of flow runs available accross the company.

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @ck25415 ,

Thanks for your feedback.
Which plan/price of Flow you're using?

There are some limits for different plans.

For different plans, the flow run frequency is different.

Please take a reference to the link:

https://asia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Capture9.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ck25415
Level 8

Hi @v-zhos-msft ,

We have flow for O365 plan but I use a PA pan 2 trial version so I think that comes with flow plan 2, as per my understanding the flow plan should decide the frequency of flow runs(once evry 5 minutes, 3minutes, 1 minute) but not which flow run to be executed. In my case there are clearly three flow runs that did not execute. No matter what flow plan a customer has a missing flow run does not make any sense and to me that is data loss.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 47 members 4,590 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: