cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FaisalAwan123
Frequent Visitor

Flow on Assigning file

Hi All,
I am in the middle of creating a flow when someone assigns a file to a person or group in a metadata column 'Assigned to'. It triggers an email to all those assignees. I am struggling with a part where my flow is sending an email even other metadata fields are updated.
I only want to send an email to assignees when something has been changed in the 'Assigned To' field.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@FaisalAwan123 

can you show me which step you are using , I think you need to a add a  Trigger Condition on the settings of your trigger action

Mira_Ghaly_0-1605075608755.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
FaisalAwan123
Frequent Visitor

FaisalAwan123_0-1605081055923.png

I am using a card that gets all changes then sets up the condition saying if 'has column changed for Assigned to' field is true then pass but flow pass this condition even if I change any other columns on a file. It checks the file history if ever 'has column changed for Assigned to' was true then pass this condition.

please see my response below

The trigger condition is already added ( if assigned to the field is non then nothing) but If assigned to the field has something flow triggers. The only issue is it triggers even other fields changes. 

FaisalAwan123
Frequent Visitor

There's a glitch is Get changes for an item or a file ( properties only)

Because I'm working with minor version and when files have a minor version 0.1 & any version less than version .10 it considers as a 0.1 because it checks all changes till 0.1 let say if I got changes after version .10 then it may check only til .11 up to latest version

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,442)