cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FaisalAwan123
Frequent Visitor

Flow on Assigning file

Hi All,
I am in the middle of creating a flow when someone assigns a file to a person or group in a metadata column 'Assigned to'. It triggers an email to all those assignees. I am struggling with a part where my flow is sending an email even other metadata fields are updated.
I only want to send an email to assignees when something has been changed in the 'Assigned To' field.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@FaisalAwan123 

can you show me which step you are using , I think you need to a add a  Trigger Condition on the settings of your trigger action

Mira_Ghaly_0-1605075608755.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
FaisalAwan123
Frequent Visitor

FaisalAwan123_0-1605081055923.png

I am using a card that gets all changes then sets up the condition saying if 'has column changed for Assigned to' field is true then pass but flow pass this condition even if I change any other columns on a file. It checks the file history if ever 'has column changed for Assigned to' was true then pass this condition.

please see my response below

The trigger condition is already added ( if assigned to the field is non then nothing) but If assigned to the field has something flow triggers. The only issue is it triggers even other fields changes. 

FaisalAwan123
Frequent Visitor

There's a glitch is Get changes for an item or a file ( properties only)

Because I'm working with minor version and when files have a minor version 0.1 & any version less than version .10 it considers as a 0.1 because it checks all changes till 0.1 let say if I got changes after version .10 then it may check only til .11 up to latest version

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,634)