cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Flow on Created Record - A second email will be sent after a few minutes

Hi,

I have created a very simple flow that should send an email when an account is created. This also works, but after about 30 minutes the same email will be sent again. Does anyone have any idea why?

Thanks 

Andre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Flow on Created Record - A second email will be sent after a few minutes

Hi @bogzero 

Can you check the entity for data and see if there are two records created. I would recommend you use the CDS connector instead of the Dynamics one for this. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @bogzero 

Can you share a screenshot of the flow? Can you check the run history and see if the flow was triggered twice? You might also want to check if there is any duplicate or similar flow running in the environment. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same with thoughts of yashag2555.

I only encounter this issue when there is a duplicate flow that I forgot to turn off.  Also checking the run history, if there is an immediate run after the initial run of the Flow. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Here is the Screenshot of the Flow and history.

I cant see any diffs of both entrys in the history.
At 08:59 the new record was created and at 09:40 the secund mail was sentFlow_history.png

Flow.png

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Have you open the timestamp of the run history by clicking the time and date? Opening the time stamp of the run will provide a much detailed result of the run.

Also, is the 2 run with an hour apart, send 2 different email with different content?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No. the mail is exact the same and the data are also the same.

Thats so wired.

Flow_0859.pngFlow_0940.png

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @bogzero 

Can you check the entity for data and see if there are two records created. I would recommend you use the CDS connector instead of the Dynamics one for this. 

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

There is only one entry for the Account. 
I will check the Common Data Service suggestion

Accounts.png

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The first email has just arrived, so I'll wait for the second.

Thank you for your help so far, I will inform you in 1 hour whether a second mail has arrived.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @bogzero 

Sure. unless there were two flows or retries happening, there is no reason that it should send the email twice. It must have been happening due to some caching issues or maybe a buggy connector. 

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Until now there is no second mail. Thank you for your help.
i dont unterstand the solution because the flow are very similiar to mine, but it work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,198)