Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajesh
Advocate II
Advocate II

Flow planner trigger when a task is assigned

Hi

I've a SharePoint list that I need to update when a task is assigned to someone in Planner. I've looked at the available planner triggers - It only supports when a task is "assigned to me" there's no trigger which supports when a task is assigned to anyone. The workaround suggested is to create multiple flows for all of such users that the task will be assigned. This is not a good solution as end users would have to set up flow themselves. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rajesh,

Thanks for feedback.

Currently Microsoft flow has the trigger for “When a task is assigned to me”, which could not be used to trigger the flow when a task is assigned to other user.

If you would like to trigger the flow when a task is assigned to anybody, there is a similar request on Flow Ideas Forum, pleas vote the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Trigger-when-a-Planner-task-is-assigned-to-anybody/id...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yamao-msft , Thanks for the apply.  It'll be a while when the ideas will be picked. I'm looking for an immediate solution. Is there any alternate approach? It is possible to achieve the same through a REST api call to planner? Can I schedule a flow to poll planner using REST api?

Hi @Rajesh,

Thanks for understanding.

You may consider integrating Custom APIs with Microsoft Flow.

The following docs on how to create custom connectors in Microsoft Flow could be your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/developer/register-custom-api

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Rajesh , were you able to achieve this with a custom connector?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,174)