cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Flow problems- trigger copy/convert/move new file from SPO Site1 to SPO Site 2

Goal:

1. SPO Site 1 that is internal & has managed metadata. (only used for team docs and not shared outside the team).
  2. SPO Site 2 is due to be an "External" "Library" that the whole company can refer to/search/etc. (so we can share documents but not allow the original context to be editable) on the SPO Site 2

End state/goal: (Automated) When a teammate, in SPO1 changes a documents' "Managed Metadata"(field) to "Public", the document is converted to a PDF, and that PDf is copied to SPO2 Library and if the file already exists, the new file replaces the old file. Since I can't get the files to even MOVE/Copy...I can't get to the part to convert it either...everyone says this should be easy...but its soooo NOT...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried using the "Copy a file from SharePoint Library" but it is failing..

error: The given guid does not exist in the term store
clientRequestId: b43dc997-351f-475a-bb52-3193e061a961
serviceRequestId: b43dc997-351f-475a-bb52-3193e061a961

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StephanieEM ,

Hope the solution in the link below could be your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Looking-for-some-help-with-a-specific-flow-build/...

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regular Visitor

1. Alice thanks for the link. 🙂 However, it doesn't address my requirement due to where the flow needs to be, in the collaboration process. Here's what happens:
    A team member uploads a"Draft" document to SPO1 Document Library
  2. Our team members collaborate and edit the document (typically a PPTX)
  3. At the point that the document is now "Publishable" content which is approved and agreed to by the whole team, the document owner changed the "Managed Metadata" field to "Publishable." This (currently) tells the team the document is "Final"
  4. Right now, this is all manual
  5. The Owner then downloads the file from SPO1 to their machine
  6. Converts the document to a PDF on their machine
  7. The Owner then uploads the document to multiple locations: MS Team, Corp, SPO site, etc.

Our goal was

• To create ONE place for "Public" documents.
  • Automate steps 4-7 so we spend more time working with teams on solutions, instead of doing all this manual work, everytime their's an update to a document.

The workflow and videos I've come upon, require that you start out using the "Create file"...but we can't do that. SInce we need

SPO1 to still be collaborative, we can't use the "Create file" trigger.

As a self-confessed "Noob" to PA, I'm open to other ways to do this....so I'm open to a better way to accomplish this also....THANKS

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (52,063)