cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amulberry
Level: Powered On

Flow pulling dates from excel

Hello Flow Family,excel, Flow

I'm having trouble creating my flow. What it's supposed to do is pull dates from a column and if the date 11 months old then it should send an email to me saying I need to update it. What I have so far is the "get a row" and I put in the excel doc that is on sharepoint and put in all the information. When I get to "Key Column" I put in "Last Back Ground Check" and then when I try to put in key value, I can't put in any dynamic content. All it will let me put in is the "manually trigger a flow" options, instead of the dates. Where do I go from here

Thanks in advanced 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow pulling dates from excel

Hi @Amulberry ,

I suppose that you have corresponding columns in the Excel table, such as Date, Vendor, etc. so after the action List rows present in a table, you will get a list of dynamic contents for the table.

Then you could use the dynamic contents in your functions.

Under if yes branch of action Send an email, just select the dynamic content Vendor, if it contains an email address, an email will be sent out for rows which meet the condition.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Amulberry 

Can you please share a screenshot of your flow? Pulling a date item from excel might give you some junk values due to the datatype formatting of the column in excel. Also, you can always use the expression editor in such cases. 

But let us first know the datatype of the column you are trying to compare with so that wwe can assist you better with this. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Amulberry ,

Could you share more details on your flow for better understanding?

If possible, please share a screenshot on your flow as well.

Per my understanding, the Excel table is stored in SharePoint library, and you want to get rows from the table, send out an email if the date is 11 months old.

Instead of using Get a row action, I suggest use List rows present in a table to get all the rows, using functions to filter out items that dates are 11 months old.

I have set up the flow likes below for your reference.

After the manual trigger, list rows present in a table.

Add a Condition with the following code to check if the dates are 11 months old:

formatdatetime(addDays('1899-12-30',int(items('Apply_to_each')?['Start'])),'MM')

is equal to

getPastTime(11,'Month','MM')

Under if yes branch, send out a notification.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Amulberry
Level: Powered On

So here's where I am now per your advice. I'm a little confused but think you understand what I want. So I pulled the table I want but how do I ensure that it pulls the dates from the column that I want and then sends an email with that rows corresponding vendor saying we need to update this specific vendor because this date is expired
Flowhelp.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Amulberry 

You have to ensure that the date column that you are bringing in is properly formatted. I suggest, change the datatype of the column to Text in your excel sheet. Pull it in flow and then use the formatDatetime function to properly format it and then use it in the email.

Hope this Helps!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Amulberry ,

I suppose that you have corresponding columns in the Excel table, such as Date, Vendor, etc. so after the action List rows present in a table, you will get a list of dynamic contents for the table.

Then you could use the dynamic contents in your functions.

Under if yes branch of action Send an email, just select the dynamic content Vendor, if it contains an email address, an email will be sent out for rows which meet the condition.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,394)