cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexanderUK
Level: Powered On

Flow reminder from a SharePoint List Calculated Field Date not meeting expression checks

Hi all.

I'm trying to get flow to send an email reminder on a calendar date that is listed in a Calculated Field but I can't seem to get it to send anything or get the condition checks to meet the criteria to send.

Essentially I have a 'S1Reminder' field that is set up as a Date/Time Calculated Field and I'm trying to get Flow to use the condition to send when S1Reminder is equal to utcNow(). At the start of the flow I get utcNow converted into dd/mm/yyyy to match up the format of the calculated field, but try as it might it won't match up the conditions if I do "equals". I'm a bit stumped!  

1.pngImage 12.pngImage 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Flow reminder from a SharePoint List Calculated Field Date not meeting expression checks

Since you have multiple records to evaluating you need to do the conversion at the point where you are applying the condition, not in a loop earlier in the Flow.  REplace the s1CompletionDate dynamic content in your condition in Step #3 with the formula you used for your compose.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Flow reminder from a SharePoint List Calculated Field Date not meeting expression checks

You'll need to apply a similar formatting to the S1 reminder field also.  By default Date fields, even calculated ones, include both a date and a time.  So the chance that you will meet an equal condition based on a time field measured in milliseconds is almost impossible.  You need to apply the same formatting that you do to the UTCNow to get it filtered down to a text string containing a formatted date.

AlexanderUK

Thanks for your help PStork1,

Had a feeling that was the case, I've used the code formatdatetime(items('ComplaintsData')?['S1Reminder'],'dd/MM/yyyy') to convert S1Remind into the dd/MM/yyyy format like utcNow was set up in the previous step, and I've named the Compose process 'S1RemindConvert' (and renamed the utcNow compose process to 'utcNowConvert'. 

However, S1RemindConvert doesn't appear in the Dynamic content list for the condition check to match up the two values, not quite sure what's happened, any ideas?

3.pngStep 34.pngStep 4

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Since you have multiple records to evaluating you need to do the conversion at the point where you are applying the condition, not in a loop earlier in the Flow.  REplace the s1CompletionDate dynamic content in your condition in Step #3 with the formula you used for your compose.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
AlexanderUK

That did the trick! Thank you so much! 

For those stuck on this themselves I'll attach the end result of what I put in and got it to work for the more visual types. 5.pngStep 16.pngStep 2

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,299)