cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

Flow resource not found error

Hi,

I am working on PowerApps application to import user uploaded excel file data into a SQL table

• As a first step I uploaded the excel file to SharePoint library
  • next step is to read file content from sharepoint and import to SQL table

The challenges is excel file what I receive from external source to use in my application doesn't have any tables defined, I could not find a way to directly read excel file rows wihout tables in flow.

Please guide on how can I read excel file rows in flow where tables are not defined in excel. Is there any other approach to implement my feature i.e. importing the data of uploaded excel file to SQL table with PowerApps and Flow.

Thanks,

Sujanakar Reddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sujan ,

Have you take a try with @ChristianAbata 's suggestion to use Microsoft Graph, I haven't used that currently.

If you want to save the row data in the excel file without table, I'm afraid that there is no any function in Microsoft flow could achieve the requirement, as you said, Microsoft flow couldn't get rows data from excel table, and I suggest that you should create table to the file.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

hi @sujan  I'm sure you can need the same post as I recomend to other user

https://sharepains.com/2018/10/17/microsoft-flow-read-large-excel-files-within-seconds-without-creat...

As you can see you can read averything without tables.

First you can upload the file into sharepoint, then read it with the poast I recomend you an then use it to send the data to sql with insert row.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sujan ,

Have you take a try with @ChristianAbata 's suggestion to use Microsoft Graph, I haven't used that currently.

If you want to save the row data in the excel file without table, I'm afraid that there is no any function in Microsoft flow could achieve the requirement, as you said, Microsoft flow couldn't get rows data from excel table, and I suggest that you should create table to the file.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,830)