Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radoslavov
Post Patron
Post Patron

Flow returns GUID instead of Names

Hi Guys,

i'm preparing a Flow to export once a week Leads from CRM and send an email to all the sales people.

Everything is pretty much done, except that the email contains Account, Contact and Partner's GUID instead of Display Names.

I know that this is by default like that and needs to be set in the Flow itself, but i"m not sure how to achieve this.

Capture.PNG

I tried to convert the GUID into names but bnot sure if im doing it wright as i cannot save the flow and test it due to a required filed being empty.

img 2.PNG

Name field is required, but the drop down doesn't show any options and therefore i cannot continue.

Any suggestion how to convert the GUIDs to strings?

I red all the similar topics in the community but neither one of them gives a solution.

Kind regards

Kiril

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

5 REPLIES 5
Jcook
Super User
Super User

Hello @Radoslavov

To use a Set variable, you first need to Initialize the variable, using the Initialize variable action.

However, best practice suggests to not use a Set variable inside a Apply to each loop due to concurrency and parallelism.

The easiest way to get around this is to use a Compose action instead of the Set variable..

Just add a Compose action in the loop where your set variable is and add the Company name in the compose just like you did with the variable.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Hi @Jcook 

I'm having some issues with running the flow, perhaps in the configuration. Maybe you can give me a hand to test it?

1. In the first steps im listing all Leads from Dynamics CRM
  2. After that for each Lead i want to get the Name of the Account (because now im getting the Account GUID and not the display name)
  3. Then I'm using the Compose Action as you suggest and in the Inputs value I've added Company Name
  4. Im using then this information to send an email with the details for the Lead

1.PNG2.PNG

Im getting this message

3.PNG

Can you help me what im doing wrong?

regards

Kiril

Hello @Radoslavov

Get record only allows the unique ID to be used for looking up.

Instead of using current item in your Get record. Use the dynamic content Account.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Radoslavov and team,

I'm having trouble with my flow. Basically my flow should create an Outlook event/booking in the Owner's (Owner of the Opportunity aka Pipeline) calendar based on the field "Follow-up Date" (schedulefollowup_qualify) and create an Appointment Activity in CRM. I'm still at the stage of trying to create the Outlook event with the subject "Appointment with John Doe" but instead I'm getting "Appointment with a62h6g35-0egh-8the-g3h6-u3h6tyh69a0l". This is my flow:

Flow_1.JPG

Flow_2.JPG

New to flow all together. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but need that AHA! moment.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,683)