cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnr
Frequent Visitor

Flow returns the GUID rather then the readable text values in an email

Hi all,

I am trying to create an automated email to be sent once a new record is created on PowerApps using Dataverse. But when I select the dynamic content it returns the GUID and not the readable values I want.

At the moment I've tried to add "@OData.Community.Display.V1.FormattedValue" to the end of a variable and place it in the email as an Expression as I see others doing the same but with no result.

The image attached here is my current flow - I would be very grateful for any thoughts on how to progress this further.

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @cnr,

From what type of column are you trying the show the label/text value? And can you share the outputs of your trigger action? This might gives us a clue on what the expression should be.

Btw, if it is a guid from a related table you would probably need to use that guid in a Get a Row by ID action to get the record with the actual text value. 

Hi Expiscornovus,

I appreciate you coming back to me! I have attached 3 images below.

At the moment my email is resulting in showing nothing at the end. Originally I had a flow of a trigger being "Adding a Dataverse record" connected to send an email, but that would only show me the GUID in the email. 

So are you saying I need to place "Get a Row by ID", equate the GUID to the text value between the Trigger and Email ?

The column is a LookUp. I have attached the images of my flow resultFlow trigger: Ive highlighted the field Im trying to place into my email at the endFlow trigger: Ive highlighted the field Im trying to place into my email at the endThis is the Expression I tried to place the LoolUp inThis is the Expression I tried to place the LoolUp inThis is where I would expect my LookUp field to show in the email when the record was createdThis is where I would expect my LookUp field to show in the email when the record was created

Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @cnr,

Yes, that is correct. I am proposing to place a Get Row by Id action between the trigger and e-mail action.

Would be something like the example below.

Lookup your assettables table name in the dropdown. Enter the tradename property in the row id.

assettable.png

Hi Expiscornovus,

Sorry I must be misunderstanding, below is my current Flow and the resulting email but my result is the GUID. How would I equate that to a name field?

CurrentFlow.PNGFlowResulteMail.PNG

Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @cnr,

Depends a bit on which fields are available on the Assets Tables table. My guess is that the correct label is probably called Asset Name (value) or something similar like that.

Just to double check, did you use a dynamic content field from the Get Row by ID or from the original trigger action in your Send an Email action?  It should be a field listed under the section Get a row by ID.

namecolumn.png

cnr
Frequent Visitor

Hi Expiscornovus,

I get you now for "Get Row By ID" the table name is the parent and the row is the child.

By playing around with your input I have managed to get part of my email to return the results.

Big thank you for your help!

Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @cnr,

Great to hear that it worked 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,972)