cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow runs only once

I created a flow using the gmail connector that should auto reply every email on selected days of the week.

However, it only runs once when I click "Run Now" after editing the flow, and then never works again.

Here's a screenshot of the flow:

flown.PNG

Is this a bug with the Gmail connector?

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft Employee

Re: Flow runs only once

@Anonymous,

Could you try modifying the flow by directly use "When a new email arrives" as the trigger instead of recurrence? It would automatically polling from gmail account

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

The issue is confirmed on my side. The flow that you provided would run only once on selected days of the week, because you add the "Recurrence" trigger as the trigger of your flow, the "Recurrence" trigger would be fired only once on selected days of the week.

If you want to continuously monitor if there is one email arrives in your Gmail mailbox in the whole day of selected days of the week, you could consider take a try with the alternative way as below:

I assume that you have selected Monday, Tuesday and Thursday of the week to auto reply emails, please take a try with the following workaround:31.JPG

Within Condition box, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@or(equals(dayOfWeek(utcNow()), 1),equals(dayOfWeek(utcNow()), 2),equals(dayOfWeek(utcNow()), 4))

The flow works successfully as below:32.JPG

More details about dayOfWeek() function, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @v-xida-msft. Now I understand why it only runs once.

However, the new solution creates a new problem.

I intended to use the flow to work from Thursday 5 p.m. to Friday midnight. The recurrence trigger would allow me to do that as long as I created one flow for Thursday and another one for Friday.

Using a date/time expression I can only define a day of the week and not a time of the day, I believe.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xida-msft well I guess I should give up on this one. 

This seems like the kind of thing that should be easy to accomplish, but I guess it's not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 339 members 6,989 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: