Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
man_cobb
Level: Powered On

Flow runs successfully but does not create a share point item

Hi all,

I am having difficulty with a flow designed for capturing new user information and then starting assignment of operational tasks. The flow essentially captures information via MS Forms, creates a new SharePoint list item and then refers to another SharePoint list to create and assign tasks. (Based on https://kalmstrom.com/Tips/SharePoint-Flows/Flow-Employment-Process.html)

The issue I'm having is that Flow states it completed however the last part of creating the assigned tasks does not complete. If I create a new item via SharePoint instead of MS Forms, the flow actually completes sucessfully.

I'm very new to Flow so I'm not sure if the issue is with flow, forms, or SharePoint.

Here is the flow: Flow.PNG

Flow completed but the last Create item did not actually create the list items

FlowComplete.PNG

Below is the seperate flow removing the MS Forms and manually entering a SharePoint list item showing that the process does work when removing MS forms.

FlowWithOutForms.PNG

Both flows replicate each other also...just different names of tasks.

FlowWithForms.PNGFlowTaskCreate.PNG

The simple solution is to not use Forms but as multiple countries will be using this flow/platform I really wanted to use MS Forms to fill the data as it is more user friendly.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow runs successfully but does not create a share point item

Hi @man_cobb ,

Could you share more details on your lists?

I guess that action Create item and Create item 2 are using the same SharePoint list.

By the way, please make sure the dynamic contents you’ve selected for action Create item 2 do return values as expected.

I have made a simple flow likes below which has the similar configuration. The action Create item 2 could create item in the list properly.

An image for your reference:

1.PNG2.PNG             

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow runs successfully but does not create a share point item

Hi @man_cobb ,

Could you share more details on your lists?

I guess that action Create item and Create item 2 are using the same SharePoint list.

By the way, please make sure the dynamic contents you’ve selected for action Create item 2 do return values as expected.

I have made a simple flow likes below which has the similar configuration. The action Create item 2 could create item in the list properly.

An image for your reference:

1.PNG2.PNG             

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 56 members 4,441 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: