cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yduef-megan

Flow save failed with code 'InvalidTemplate' and message 'The template validation failed

Hi,

Quite a first-time flow user... I am trying to create an automated flow to do the following:

1. to extract the project end date from an online excel (for Biz, saved in Teams)
  2. check if it's newly created data, if yes, then create project ID inside the same online excel file, and add a new event written "XXX Project End Date" in Outlook Calendar
  3. if no, grab the project ID, and update the Outlook Calendar
  4. In both cases, send reminders to teammates 1 day before the project end date, and email reminders 1 and 4 weeks prior to the project end date

I have done the followings for step 1-3 listed above, and when wanting to save the flow I received the following error message:

Flow save failed with code 'InvalidTemplate' and message 'The template validation failed: 'The repetition action(s) 'Apply_to_each' referenced by 'inputs' in action 'Update_event_(V4)' are not defined in the template.'.'.

(sorry I cannot find a way to upload images here... how did you guys do that? so I am typing the flow here...)

1. For a selected row (Excel for biz online) - nothing wrong here, selected the right table
  2. List rows present in a table - nothing special here too, selected the right table again
  3. For "PROJECT END DATE"
    1. Apply to each: selected "value" as the output from previous steps
    2. Condition: [Project end date] [is not equal to] [null]
      1. If yes > update event (V4)
        • Calendar ID=[Project calendar]
        • ID=[Project ID]
        • Subject=[Project name] has ended
        • Start time=[project end date]
        • End time=[project end date]
        • Time zone = UTC+8
      2. If no > create event (V4)
        • Calendar ID=[Project calendar]
        • ID=[Project ID]
        • Subject=[Project name] has ended
        • Start time=[project end date]
        • End time=[project end date]
        • Time zone = UTC+8
          1. after create event, add new action: Update a row (excel for biz (online))
            1. Location: [Project Department]
            2. Document Library: [Documents]
            3. File: [project update.xlsx]
            4. Table: [Table 1]
            5. Key Column=[Project ID]
            6. Key Value=PROG_[Project name]

That's it!

I am very confused... where goes wrong?

Million thanks!

Best,

Megan

2 REPLIES 2
yduef-megan

So I solved the above problem - the start date and end date cannot be the data extracted from the same excel cell.

But now I come across with another problem - there's no more bug in this flow but I cannot test it! And I tried entering some dates in my online excel but nothing happens in the Outlook Calendar... and there's no "run history" in the flow too...

So what is the trigger you configured? Is the trigger triggered manually? If it is a manually triggered Flow, you can search for similar tutorials to try to test your Flow.

https://carldesouza.com/difference-between-instant-automated-and-scheduled-flows-in-power-automate-a...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (55,909)