cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Musafir
Frequent Visitor

Flow saves email attachment without content

Hi,

I am facing an unusual error in a flow which was to save Email attachments in a SharePoint library. Though my original flow was bit complex however rest of the functionalities are working fine except saving the attachment (It saves a 1KB file with fine name as defined). To check working of email connector, I recreated simple flow "When a new email arrives (V3) -> Apply to each,Create file" but still it is saving file (1KB) without content.

Flow created manually (Not Working)Flow created manually (Not Working)Connector setting of manually created FlowConnector setting of manually created Flow

To make sure I am not making a mistake, I tried to create another same flow with available templates (Later trimmed an kept only steps "When a new email arrives, Apply to each, Create file" and found surprisingly its working.

Working connector created through templateWorking connector created through template

I tried to compare both the flows side-by-side and found that the connector provided in Template is having different settings than selecting connector "When a new email arrives (V3)" from connector list.

Template's working connector settingTemplate's working connector setting

I can't figure out, where am I making mistake. I have already tried all combinations related to "Only with Attachments" and "Include Attachments" toggle. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Musafir
Frequent Visitor

After spending almost 15 days in creating & deleting many Flows, finally I got answer at different website- Power Automate: Save all attachments when an email arrives by Manuel T. Gomes. Seems very unusual, yet simple solution.

Step-1: When a new Email Arrives

Step-2: Get Email 

Provide Message ID from the output of Step-1 (When New Email arrives)

Step-3 & more: Take reference for attachments and other dynamic variables from output of Step-2 (Get Emai)

1.png

Problem Solved!! However difference in Connector from Template and Manual trigger list is still a mystry.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Musafir
Frequent Visitor

After spending almost 15 days in creating & deleting many Flows, finally I got answer at different website- Power Automate: Save all attachments when an email arrives by Manuel T. Gomes. Seems very unusual, yet simple solution.

Step-1: When a new Email Arrives

Step-2: Get Email 

Provide Message ID from the output of Step-1 (When New Email arrives)

Step-3 & more: Take reference for attachments and other dynamic variables from output of Step-2 (Get Emai)

1.png

Problem Solved!! However difference in Connector from Template and Manual trigger list is still a mystry.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,998)