cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow saving date to excel saves as number

Hi guys, 

I am working on a flow which takes informaition form a form.  When the Flow runs it creates dates and saves them to an excel document as a backup. When it goes to put the date into the excel file I get an error.

Start Date: 43600

Due Date: 43601

{
"status": 400,
"message": "The argument is invalid or missing or has an incorrect format.\r\nclientRequestId: c58db955-95a1-4966-877d-605d58c0b9c8",
"source": "excelonline-ase.azconn-ase.p.azurewebsites.net"
}
I have no clue what is going on or how to fix this

Flow Error.png
Its a huge flow so I zoomed out to get the full flow
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow saving date to excel saves as number

Hi @Fusion ,

Wow.

You only need to pay attention to the Date format required in the Planner task must be yyyy-MM-dd, please do not use MM / dd / yyyy format in the Expression.

9.PNG

According to your screenshot, you need to click Enter custom value and type yyyy-MM-dd when configuring the Due Date-Format string.

10.PNG

When configuring Start Date Time, do not change the format of utcNow() to MM/dd/yyyy. You could choose not to change or change to the following figure:

11.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fusion ,

Could you share a screenshot of the Flow configuration?

I'm not sure where the Start Date and Due Date you mentioned are from.

Basically we could restore Number to Date by the following Expression.

addDays('1899-12-30',int(43600),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Image reference:

8.PNG

Expression:

addDays('1899-12-30',int(outputs('Start_Date')),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Flow run history:

7.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

have added an image to the orignal post above of where the error happens. I am giving your code a go now.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fusion ,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that you have used the method I provided to configure the Start date.

Please continue to use a similar method to configure Due Date.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow Error 2.png

So I added your code to get the Compose 2 area and I am still getting the same error message. 

"

"message": "The request is invalid:\r\nCannot convert the literal '5/15/2019' to the expected type 'Edm.DateTimeOffset'.","

what am I doing so wrong with this?
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fusion ,

Please share a full screenshot of the Flow configuration.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ok hope your ready for this is a large flow.

Part One - The StartPart One - The StartPart 2 - Adding to the Excel DocumentPart 2 - Adding to the Excel DocumentPart 3 - Getting Team Members names in an ArrayPart 3 - Getting Team Members names in an ArrayPart 4b - Getting Team Members names in an arrayPart 4b - Getting Team Members names in an arrayPart 5a - The Control to see what the user selected for the Urgency requirementPart 5a - The Control to see what the user selected for the Urgency requirementPart 5b - The Control to see what the user selected for the Urgency requirementPart 5b - The Control to see what the user selected for the Urgency requirementPart 6a - Create a Planner Task with or without a Due Date if there is a due date or notPart 6a - Create a Planner Task with or without a Due Date if there is a due date or notPart 6b - Create a Planner Task with or without a Due Date if there is a due date or notPart 6b - Create a Planner Task with or without a Due Date if there is a due date or not

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fusion ,

Wow.

You only need to pay attention to the Date format required in the Planner task must be yyyy-MM-dd, please do not use MM / dd / yyyy format in the Expression.

9.PNG

According to your screenshot, you need to click Enter custom value and type yyyy-MM-dd when configuring the Due Date-Format string.

10.PNG

When configuring Start Date Time, do not change the format of utcNow() to MM/dd/yyyy. You could choose not to change or change to the following figure:

11.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much I have been banging my head against my work PC for some time trying to figure that out. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,165)