cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kukulka
Resolver I
Resolver I

Flow send e-mail notification but doesn't show banner img and description.

Hi.

I need to make a flow which send notifications about new NEWS on SharePoint Online group called "Team Messenger".

I created a flow like this (sorry it is in polish):

Zrzut ekranu 2020-01-13 o 15.43.14.png

But in e-mail I can't see Banner Image and Description.

How to show them?

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

I found that problem was in missing slash - "/" in code. I am suprised that such a small thing could destroy whole Flow.

Zrzut ekranu 2020-01-20 o 08.35.05-kopia.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @kukulka 

Send email v2 connector don't have HTML support. I can see you are using HTML tags so it should work.

Make sure the url is valid. Copy the url in a browser and see whether that works or not.

Also check nothing is blocked from outlook.

Another option is you could use  another outlook action called 'send email with options' where you can set the HTML message to Yes

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @abm 

I got problem with your solution. I get en error.

Zrzut ekranu 2020-01-13 o 17.40.09.png

Moreover guy from this tutorial: https://collab365.community/using-flow-sharepoint-news-notifications/ use "Send an e-mail V2" with HTML elements. It works correct.

abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @kukulka 

There are couple of ways you could do this. Please see below links:

https://davidlozzi.com/2018/11/01/sending-a-beautifully-formatted-email-from-microsoft-flow/

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/image-rendering-issue-in-outlook-through-microsoft-flows-offic...

Embed the image in your email

https://www.sjlewis.com/2019/09/17/microsoft-flow-how-to-embed-an-image-in-an-email/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @abm 

I tried to use solutions you sent me. Sadly I can't add image as attachment because I don't have "File Content" in Dynamic content.

Zrzut ekranu 2020-01-14 o 09.06.32.png

Do you have any idea why desription is not showing up?

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kukulka ,

If you view the email on the Outlook web app, these pictures you added can be displayed, but in the desktop client, these pictures cannot be displayed.

This is a known limitation. If you need the images you add to be displayed normally in the desktop client, you could try to configure the Body using the method provided in this link provided by abm.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @kukulka ,

You need to use Get file content action to get File Content.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-bacao-msftyour idea is great. But this solution is fantastic only for static image. You set specific image and ... that's it. I have dynamics content. Every NEWS created on SharePoint has different image in banner.

Info: To show Description in email as dynamics content you need to show it in SharePoint listing.

Zrzut ekranu 2020-01-14 o 09.47.10.png

Hi there,

I found that problem was in missing slash - "/" in code. I am suprised that such a small thing could destroy whole Flow.

Zrzut ekranu 2020-01-20 o 08.35.05-kopia.png

View solution in original post

Worked like a charm!

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (25,542)