cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlieMaskell

Flow sending email as incorrect user

Hi all,

I have built a PowerApp that will get a SharePoint list and display each list item in a dropdown menu.
You can select one of the list items then click Submit and it will call a Flow and pass it: User().FullName, User().Email, DataCardValue1 (The dropdown selected value)

The flow will go and manipulate a load of different SharePoint lists and documents and once finished it will send an email as confirmation.
The 'Send Email' block is using a no-reply user as a connection so therefore should send from no-reply@domain.com.

This works fine for myself or my colleague who helped build the Flow and PowerApp. However, I have shared this PowerApp with end-users and if they go to submit the PowerApp, the confirmation email will always come from their email and not the no-reply@domain.com email.

I've narrowed it down to the PowerApp permissions when the end-user first loads the app. If I switch the accounts when you give the PowerApp permissions from the end-users outlook connection to the no-reply user, the flow will send emails as the correct address. However, this is not scalable as we cannot give out service account credentials to end-users.

Why is the Send Email block in the flow not using the no-reply@domain.com connection? Surely the PowerApp should not be asking for an outlook connection as the email is not being sent from the PowerApp.
Has anyone else experience this or know how to work around this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
mcin9781
Community Support
Community Support

Does the PowerApp have a connection to Outlook? And when you share the App, are you sharing to users as co owners or just users of the app?

The PowerApp does not have an Outlook connection, please see below screenshot:

LnyXfMgYcD.png

We call an MS flow from the PowerApp when it's submitted.
Office365Users is used to get the submitting users details such as name and email address.

The Sharepoint connection is running as an integration user that has appropriate permissions to all relevant lists/document libraries.

In regards to how we are sharing the app, we are sharing as just users of the app. The only users who are co-owners are those who help develop the solution.

Andrew1213

*Bump*

I am also seeing the same issue. Some thoughts on how to approach this would be really appreciated.  

Barnstormer
Frequent Visitor

Did anybody ever find a solution to this?  Just stumbled upon it today.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,422)