Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ram3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Flow sending multiple emails for same modified field

Hi All,

I have created a flow with few triggers using when Item is Created/ Modified.

Now, an email is sent when Condition 1 is met. When an update is performed for Condition 2, Condition 2 email is sent. But, since Condition 1 is already true, one more Condition 1 email is sent. If Condition 3 is updated, Condition 1, 2, and 3 emails are sent.

I only want one email to sent when a Condition is true, not multiple emails. In short I'm looking for a Condition, "Changed to", not equal to.

How do I achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hey @Ram3 

thanks for the explanation, which makes it clearer. So, you just want to check which column was recently updated so that the flow is hitting the correct Condition based on different columns, right?

There is a SharePoint action called "Get changes for an item or a file (properties only)", which will return an overview which columns had been updated since a specific date or the last version. Using this action in combination with your condition (just add another row and combine them using the "And" operator, so that both condition (Column must have been changed value and the value must be true) must be met, to run the trigger).

Also check out this article which gives you some more details on how to use this action: Get the changes made to SharePoint Items with Power Automate (sharepains.com)

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hey @Ram3 

I have a few questions, because I did not completely understand your question or your current flow architecture:

- What do you mean by "few triggers using when Item is Created/Modified"? Do you mean Trigger Conditions (which needs to be true, to run the flow) or do you have multiple flows or do you have multiple fields within your datasource?

- What is your datasource?

- What do you mean with "Conditions"? Are these like choice values or do you mean the action "Condition" within your Flow?

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Ram3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thank you @MarvinBangert for responding. Apologize for confusion, I'll try to explain better using the attached screenshots.

Condition 1Condition 1Condition 2Condition 2

I've uploaded two screenshots Condition 1 and Condition 2.

This is for a SharePoint list using Powerapps. So, there are all these Boolean triggers which can be updated at any time during the entire process. 

Example Scenario:

1) Item has been created - No email sent (Expected)

2) Item has been updated with Condition 1 as True - Condition 1 triggered and email sent (Expected)

3) Item has been updated with Condition 2 as True - Condition 2 triggered and email sent (Expected). But since Condition 1 is also true, email is sent for condition 1 as well (Not expected)

MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hey @Ram3 

thanks for the explanation, which makes it clearer. So, you just want to check which column was recently updated so that the flow is hitting the correct Condition based on different columns, right?

There is a SharePoint action called "Get changes for an item or a file (properties only)", which will return an overview which columns had been updated since a specific date or the last version. Using this action in combination with your condition (just add another row and combine them using the "And" operator, so that both condition (Column must have been changed value and the value must be true) must be met, to run the trigger).

Also check out this article which gives you some more details on how to use this action: Get the changes made to SharePoint Items with Power Automate (sharepains.com)

Best regards
Marvin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,199)