cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burliad
Helper III
Helper III

Flow sending out emails to all team members instead of shift effected.

Hi All,

I have built a flow to send email notification when a shift is added, updated, or deleted.  I checked my sent items in my outlook and the flow that I built is sending an email to ALL MEMBERS of the MS Teams Group and not just the person whos shift is effected.  It also looks like there are 2 emails going out for every team member.  There is only one email in the whole bunch that displays the dynamic info of the shift listed in it.  I have posed some screen shots.

pic 3.jpg

pic1.jpgpic 2.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Rahber
Super User
Super User

I just replicate your flow however its working as expected.

shifts.PNG

Couple of things to check.

1) If there are no other flows with similar triggers

2) looking your run history to see if your flow is triggering multiple times or something 

3) In your outlook screenshot i only see two emails that were duplicate. Is this behavior inconsistent?

4) can you see the run history of your outlook action that who it is sending emails to?

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

burliad
Helper III
Helper III

Untitled.jpgHi Rahber,

I showing the history as running multiple times on the same date/time with some succeeded and some failed.  The emails that were sent out were all blank.  basically it was sending an email to each team member instead of only the team member whos shift was changed.  The member whos shift was changed had all the correct dynamic content in it but all other member emails were blank.  I want a flow to send to ONLY the member whos has the shift.  For example, if there are 10 team members and I update the shift schedule for team member 6 then only send an email to team member 6.

isagha

Hi,
I wanted to do exactly like this, but I am receiving a blank email.
Did you manage to get it working?

burliad
Helper III
Helper III

Never got it working and had to stop the flow.  I ended up training my team to check the schedule regularly instead.

Thank you ever so much for your prompt response.
I am going to do the same then.
Many thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,670)