cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlowFail
Level: Powered On

Flow states that it fails but it doesn't?

Hello

I have built a flow that was working correctly not long ago but now states that it fails on one part even though it has the correct output.

The weird thing is, I also still get the intended email with the correct attachment.

Anyone know why this might be doing this?

Thank you

flow fail not fail.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow states that it fails but it doesn't?

Hi @FlowFail ,

Please click on the icon to find the error message that Flow failed to run so that we can analyze the cause of the error.

18.PNG

I am currently speculating that Base Time field is null, so this error has occurred.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

The Flow fails if any part of the Flow fails, but that doesn't stop other steps or even parts of steps from completing normally.

The error message shows that the Action "Convert time zone 2" failed. Without seeing the fully expanded Convert time zone 2 step and the subsequent conidtion, we can't really offer any insight into why it may be failing. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

FlowFail

Hi Brad

The failed item "Convert time zone 2 is as follows:

SmartSelect_20190509-154926_Flow.jpg

Looking at it more closely, the base time shouldn't be 2019/01/01, it should be 2019/07/01:

Date.PNG

The odd part is that the flow doesn't fail and I get the email as required with the correct date in it:

SmartSelect_20190509-155211_Outlook.jpg

The condition I have set up is "Check that the review date is the same as UTC (converted to my date format), if so, send the email as required. And it does.

I'm stumped, it was working correctly the other day!

FlowFail

Flow 1.PNGFlow 2.PNG

@Brad_Groux 

It's telling me that the condition is false but it's not. If it was false I wouldn't be getting the emails am I right??

Thank you

Super User
Super User

All that is failing is the actual format step. The Flow doesn't fail because both date/time formats are acceptable formats for use by Flow.

As written, I don't think your condition logic works either way. It looks like your left condition item is a SharePoint list item, which is static, and you are comparing it to a dynamic date/time conversion. You'd need to convert it to a string before comparing it correctly.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @FlowFail ,

Please click on the icon to find the error message that Flow failed to run so that we can analyze the cause of the error.

18.PNG

I am currently speculating that Base Time field is null, so this error has occurred.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

FlowFail

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh, I see!!!

There is 2 errors in that list and they correspond to 2 items in my SharePoint list that don't have have due dates!

Which is why it says failed but actually still carries on with the flow??

Okay, I just checked the list the only item with a review date succeeded, I'm an idiot.

flow success.PNG

I thought I was going mad.

@v-bacao-msft Thank you so much, you are actually the best!

Have a great day.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 399 members 4,462 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: