cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow that Forces a Naming Convention on Upload from PowerApps

I have button flow in Power Apps. The button in a upload button associated with an 'attachment' control.

My flow works with a PA trigger, Create File, and Respond to PA of flow. This creates a file in the SP library with the original file name.

I would like to modify the flow so that it grabs the SP list 'MemID', 'Title', and 'Date' of the Member and append that to the file name so the file name appears as 'CT000-Driver-1_1_2020'.

I've been told to create a 'Get item' (back to the PowerApps file) between the trigger and the 'Create file'. However, the dynamic option dropdown doesn't provide me any PowerApps site options, on SP site. 

Thoughts.

3 REPLIES 3
pagonza
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @Anonymous 

For this issue "the dynamic option dropdown doesn't provide me any PowerApps site options, on SP site. "

You need to send you information from powerapps to the flow, you need ask for the variables. have you send all the variables from sharepoint to the flow?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/using-logic-flows

Hope this information can help you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I've built the basic flow. The blow will upload a file (as named by the User) to the SP library.

What I want is for the flow to rename the file to the UnqID-CQYr-CQTitle.fileextension.

I previous Member has instructed me to use a 'Get item' between the trigger and the 'Create File'.

His example (see bottom image below) shows him accessing the PowerApps environment and the PowerApps form ID, to get the 'Get item' info.

My 'dynamic' expression view doesn't show me any Power Apps site, only the SP sites where my list and libraries are located.

How do I get the PowerApps info into the flow to name the file?

My Flow:

3csman_1-1599060216737.png

Suggested Flow Edits (I couldn't find the site he suggested)

3csman_2-1599060585391.png

pagonza
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @Anonymous 

You need to ask for this values on your flow, the values you want to send powerapps to flow.

First go to the button you want to use for trigger the flow, go to action -> Power Automate

pagonza_0-1599210931305.png

Once you are in the flow, set a variable and on the dynamic content and  click on ask in Power apps, do this process for all the info you want to send power apps to the flow.

pagonza_1-1599210991071.png

Now in your powerapps, on the onselect of the button, you are going to have something like this:

pagonza_2-1599211173101.png

TextInput1,test2,test3 are the variables and the values I want to send to my Flow, you have to set there the values you want to send to the flow, in the order you ask for them on the Flow.  (for example TextInput1 is the first time I click on Ask in Powerapps)

Hope this can help you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,627)