cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
emayen100595
Level: Powered On

Flow that Monitors SharePoint List for Modifications or Additions and then Updates Excel Sheet

Hello,

I am trying to update an Excel Spreadsheet located in my OneDrive anytime items in my SharePoint List are modified or a new item is added. The part I'm have trouble on is what to include in the "Condition" section and then the "If Yes" and "If No" sections. I had originally set the Condition to pull in the Excel "Value" dynamic content and check if it was equal to zero. If yes I set it to add a row to the table and if no I set it to update the row but that didn't work. I think that my condition is wrong. Also anytime I set dynamic content as part of the conditio, the whole condition automatically gets put into an "Apply to each" group.

I messed around with the flow and changed some things and it still didnt work. I've attached a screenshot, any help is appreciated:

Capture100.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow that Monitors SharePoint List for Modifications or Additions and then Updates Excel Sheet

Hi @emayen100595 

Thanks for your reply.

does1.png

Here in your condition you have does not contain. Change this to equal then you can do the update in Yes condition and leave the no condition. If not you need the otherway around.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow that Monitors SharePoint List for Modifications or Additions and then Updates Excel Sheet

Hi @emayen100595 ,

List rows always create a loop. You need to create new row outside the for loop. Leave the Yes part to nothing.  Before you create the new row you need a boolean flag to identify whether the excel row is already updated or not. So declare a boolean variable before the list rows flow step. Set this value under the If condition. Set to true if excel row is updated.  Then outside the for loop check this condition is true then do not create a new row in excel.

Hope it make sense.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

emayen100595
Level: Powered On

@abm  So do I leave the "Update Row" in the "No" section? Also, the result of the "boolean flag" goes in the condition statement and that gets checked? Am I understanding that correctly?

Super User
Super User

Hi @emayen100595 

Thanks for your reply.

does1.png

Here in your condition you have does not contain. Change this to equal then you can do the update in Yes condition and leave the no condition. If not you need the otherway around.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,981)