cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tita1971
Regular Visitor

Flow that Updates a Column in a Sharepoint online Doc Set

Hi!

I Have created a Flow  when a File is created in a Document Set Content Type. I need to Update a Column from A Managed Metadata Column that has a format of 110 Budget and the ID of the new Document Set. 

My approach is like under. 

File created- Initialise variable -Set variable-Condition If column 10 is equal to 100 update the file properties to Variable 100.

The problem is then everytime I create a doc set even if the condition is true it does jump to the next condition and updates the Colummn with the value of the last condition

If the doc set is set creatted has is 110 then the column should be updated with 110-ID Of the sharepoint list but it jumps to the 130 number of the last condition. I need some help here. I have used some many hours and i cant make it work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tita1971
Regular Visitor

Hi!

Sorry I am not very expert in big flows and I think I am having an issue to understand the If condition here when is inside apply to each. Try to explain it better.

1. Colummn Name: 10 General (Managed Metadata)

Values under here termset:

1. 100 
2. 101(only Numbers)

Column 2: Name: 11 Budsjet (Managed Metadata)

Values:
1. 110 General

2. 111 Not General.

So if the doc set is created with Value 100 it should update the column with 100-(ID) if not the value should be the next one 101-(ID). Going on to the next conditions. 

I Am not even sure if I need Apply to each in this case. Or I need to use Only Condition? Thanks

Flow 11.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @tita1971 ,

Could you please post a screenshot of your flow? 

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
tita1971
Regular Visitor

Flow.PNGFlow 2.PNG

abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @tita1971,

Thanks for posting the screenshot.

The picture is not very clear and still I am not sure what you trying to achieve here.

So in your  apply each loop you have an if condition there. Is that condition is correct?

Looks like both value are same to me. So it should always return true here? I could be wrong here because the picture is not very clear for me.

c1.png

Next thing is once it satisfied the condition it always go to next step Yes or No condition step.

If you want to stop and don't want to execute the next steps below then use the flow step Terminate under the Yes/No steps.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
tita1971
Regular Visitor

Hi!

Sorry I am not very expert in big flows and I think I am having an issue to understand the If condition here when is inside apply to each. Try to explain it better.

1. Colummn Name: 10 General (Managed Metadata)

Values under here termset:

1. 100 
2. 101(only Numbers)

Column 2: Name: 11 Budsjet (Managed Metadata)

Values:
1. 110 General

2. 111 Not General.

So if the doc set is created with Value 100 it should update the column with 100-(ID) if not the value should be the next one 101-(ID). Going on to the next conditions. 

I Am not even sure if I need Apply to each in this case. Or I need to use Only Condition? Thanks

Flow 11.PNG

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,214)