cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
henkprins
Level: Powered On

Flow that converts (new) word files in SharePoint library to PDF and copies them to other location

Hi, 

I'd like to build a flow that automatically converts (new) word documents from an SharePoint library to PDF and copies them to another SharePoint environment.

Started with the 'When a file is created in folder', but when i want to pick the next step to convert the file i get a lot of options, including some 3rd party solutions. Also i see 'Converting Word  Document to PDF', but this is a trial version?

You notice i'm rather new and unexperienced flow user, and not sure if this the right way to start, but perhaps someone can help my by giving some suggestions.

Thanks in advance, henk.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow that converts (new) word files in SharePoint library to PDF and copies them to other location

Hi @henkprins ,

I guess you may not use When a file is created(properties only) as a trigger, so Identifier is not found.

I have tested it on my side. If it is a Flow configured according to the screenshot I provided, the file can be successfully converted to PDF.

In addition, the ErrorCode shows that the Word file does not seem to have content. Please make sure that the converted file is not a blank file.

It seems that the id configuration is incorrect, so there is no way to get the correct File content.

Please refer to the screenshot I provided and try again and feel free let me know if issue still exist.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow that converts (new) word files in SharePoint library to PDF and copies them to other location

Hi @henkprins ,

The common method is to convert the file through Convert file action contained in OneDrive/OneDrive for Business, and then use Create file action to copy the file.

I have tested on my side, you could refer to the screenshot below to configure Flow, it is recommended to use When a file is created (properties only) as trigger, as below:

17.PNG

Finally, you could configure Delete file action to delete the files previously generated for the converted file.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
henkprins
Level: Powered On

Hi Barry,

thnx for your reply!

I tested this. Not sure: but i cannot find 'Identifier' mentioned in the second step, i used 'Id' instead.

I now get a 406 error when converting the file:

Error from Office Service. Url=https://euc.wordca.officeapps.live.com:973/wordca/wordconversionservice.svc/rest/ConvertFileUrl HttpCode=OK cert=subject:E=onedrivese@microsoft.com, CN=WordThumbnail-OneDrive, OU=Office Service Infrastructure, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US;thumbprint:7BEEDD2DA8FE0F90A72FEBB9C4BDF497E8D8FBDF ResponseHeaders=ResponseCode: Failure
ErrorCode: WordInputFileNullorEmpty
IsExpectedFailure: True
ErrorCategory: BadRequest
ServiceID: 9d1d0f54-bd14-458d-a51b-73edca59681e
OutputFormat:
ServiceRegion: NorthEurope
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 09:45:59 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @henkprins ,

I guess you may not use When a file is created(properties only) as a trigger, so Identifier is not found.

I have tested it on my side. If it is a Flow configured according to the screenshot I provided, the file can be successfully converted to PDF.

In addition, the ErrorCode shows that the Word file does not seem to have content. Please make sure that the converted file is not a blank file.

It seems that the id configuration is incorrect, so there is no way to get the correct File content.

Please refer to the screenshot I provided and try again and feel free let me know if issue still exist.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,373)