cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow that sends an e-mail to people populate from other list

Hello,

I have a flow that send an e-mail to Approvers of an item and recently got a request to create also flow for Controller assigned to particular Country. Approvers are populate by person who is creating an item but Controller is auto-populated by another flow from other list where I have mapped which Controller should be assigned to which Country. 

Problem is that when I tried to apply exactly the same logic as for Approvers flow, it fails with below message:

Iweta_0-1601030827793.png

(Delay 30 second is addes so other flow have some time to auto-populate Controller name into the list)

I noticed that in Approvers flow I have expression 'items':

Iweta_1-1601030968125.png

while for Controllers when I pick up the field it's always 'triggerbody':

Iweta_2-1601031059404.png

That's the only difference between these 2 flows. The one for Approvers is working, the one for Controllers is not (as per screenshot with error above). Perhaps because Controller is mapped I should add something else (except of delay)?

I appreciate any help!

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Iweta

3 REPLIES 3
analmei
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

If I understand correctly the flow is failling because the variable 'FinancialController' is empty. 

The value of this variable depends of the 'Approvers flow', that run before, and even with the delay action, the second flow don't have the value of variable when needed. 

For that reason, I suggest you implement a If condition to verify if the 'FinancialController' is present.

Please let me know if I was able to unblock you. 

Ana Almeida | Power Platform Support Engineer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @analmei

Many thanks for you reply but I am afraid it is not the case. Field Financial Controller gets correctly populated from another list. It is not empty, I can assure your. Therefore, I don't understand why flow sees it as empty...

analmei
Community Support
Community Support

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply. 

What is the 'Financial Controller'? Is it a record in SharePoint?

Can you make sure the Email field is filled?

If possible, can you show the definition of 'When a new item is created' and 'Apply to each2'?

Ana Almeida | Power Platform Support Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,661)