cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow that watches the SharePoint library to download some files not all

Hi,

Can somebody please suggest how i can create a flow that would download watch a SharePoint library and download only when file name equals "A" or "B" but not any other file name.

Please help, i have a deadline coming up. I just learnt flow and my boss thinks i can do wonders from him, am optimistic too, but very new to all this. Lol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

The file name is encoded.

Please use the When a file is created (properties only) trigger instead, it would works.

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could create the flow as screenshot below( The flow would create copy the file to OneDrive when a file is created in library with name A.xlsx or B.xlsx):

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-alzhan-msft Thanks, i will try this out.

Would you also know a way to download select files A & B from the SharePoint site without specifying the document library path.

The idea is to be able to set a single flow which would run across all document libraries to find files with names "A" or "B".

🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked and saw false in condition expression result

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-alzhan-msft 

Please check the test results of flow.

Even when i add a file to the library- the test is failing as the expression result in condition returns "False".

Kindly assist, attaching screenshots

GauravG_0-1595845780655.png

GauravG_1-1595845866588.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could add a Compose action before the Condition to save the File name, and you could check from the flow run history to see why it is not match in the Condition.

Best Regards,

Alice

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-alzhan-msft I think it is failing because in condition i mentioned that if my files name is "News_4.docx"- download the file on OneDrive.

However, if you see the highlighted portion it is reading my file under File Name as "TmV3c180LmRvY3g=" an dnot as "News_4" that is why it is failing everytime. But- why wouldn't it get the correct file name?

GauravG_0-1596376922973.png

Please help

Hi @Anonymous ,

The file name is encoded.

Please use the When a file is created (properties only) trigger instead, it would works.

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,303)