cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow that works only in weekdays the trigger is an email being sent

Hello, i'm having a little confusion (as i'm new with Microsoft flow) 

From a template i created a flow which allows me to follow up on emails i sent, the trigger is in the email sent with high importance and an specific word on the subject. Then the flow waits up to 2 days to receive an email with the same email id or subject and if it's timed out it will send me an email that rembemers me to follow up on the email sent.

Here is the problem, i only need that the flow runs on weekdays, for example if the email is sent on a Friday it counts the two days for the next week not on the weekend, same happens with the emails sent on Thursdays.

Below is the screenshot of my flow

I tried to see if i could create the same flow with a recurrence trigger at the begining but not sore if the second action can be also a trigger action (when i send an email) and also tried to do a condition that validates the date of the week but no sure how to do it when a flow has the time out like this.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow that works only in weekdays the trigger is an email being sent

Hi @mdiaz21 ,

You could refer to the following method, using the Switch to correspond to the situation on Thursday or Friday.

Use the dayOfWeek() function to see if today is Thursday or Friday, and if so, use the delay action to delay for two or three days.

91.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Flow that works only in weekdays the trigger is an email being sent

Hello @v-bacao-msft  thanks for the assistance

I have one question (sorry, it's i'm really new with this), where in my flow should i place the switch? after the "an email is received2?  for that action i have a timeout of PD2  then the rest of the flow is triggered when it times out

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,590)