cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Flow times out if setting people picker field to a SharePOint group name inside create item action

Hi,

I have a flow that triggers when a new item is added to a list, it creates tasks in the task list, I have create item actions in place for the same. 

For some reason, I am not able to set Assigned to field to SP group name called 'EM-Initiate'. Its a people picker field allowing user and groups with multiple selections. Below is what I am using, but the flow takes long and then times out.

Can someone please help me how i can set people picker field to a SharePoint group name for adding a new task, thanks in advance. 

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow times out if setting people picker field to a SharePOint group name inside create item action

Hi @dmistry ,

First please make sure that you have set this field to allow selection of Groups in List.

137.PNG

Then you can create a new flow and select group from the drop-down list when configuring this field.

If you want to enter group manually, you need to enter Group id instead of Group Name. Like:

138.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Re: Flow times out if setting people picker field to a SharePOint group name inside create item action

Thanks @v-bacao-msft , i am working with sharepoint 2019 and the people picker is allowed to have groups selection, how would I set the group name by id if the group type is sharepoint group, please help.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dmistry ,

You could go to office 365 admin center to get the group id of the group.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

we dont have o365, its sharepoint 2019 on premises and we are using sharepoint groups. Any thoughts? @v-bacao-msft 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dmistry ,

Hmm, my method is applicable to SharePoint Online. I'm afraid I don't have an environment here to test SharePoint 2019. Please consider contacting Microsoft Support to assist you in solving your problem.

176.PNG

Another method is that you can create a similar task in the list, and then assign the task to a specified group, and then you can get the details of this task through the Get item action, I think this will contain Claims of this group, you can configure this Claims in Create item action and check whether it is valid.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,708)