Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TomArnold
Level: Power Up

Flow to Automate follow-up emails if no response was sent

Hello!

I have two sets of processes that requires a response from a specific recipient so I am looking for a flow that either:

A) Sets up a Planner Task to follow-up with the recipient of a specific email sent by me due in two days. If an email is received by that recipient then the Task is updated to "Review Response" with a due date of two days from the date received. 

or

B) Checks if the recipient of a specific email sent by my has sent me an email after two days and if not to send an automated follow-up email to the recipient and set a Planner Task to follow-up two days after the automated email is sent.

The issue I am having with the first flow is after the task is created, I make a second "When a new email arrives" trigger for any email so long as it is from the recipient of the first and then an update task but I get an error that says "The workflow run action 'When_a_new_email_arrives_(V3)_2' has type 'ApiConnectionNotification' that is not supported." so I am stuck there but if someone has some tips for something similar to B, that would be great! 

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Flow to Automate follow-up emails if no response was sent

Hi

" I make a second "When a new email arrives" trigger for any email so long as it is from the recipient"

You mean you add a second trigger to your flow, right?

If so, my suggestion is to move this second trigger in an independent flow, assuming you store the recipient email address in you planner task in a field easy to filter on 'List tasks' output.

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

TomArnold
Level: Power Up

Yes! So I moved to a new flow that now checks the task list for the email and if it is not completed, it will update the task and if nothing happens if it is completed. The plan would be to add a delay a delay to the first flow for 2 days and then check to see if the task has been completed and if no then it sends an email. Thank you!

hi @TomArnold  you can use delay to do that.

deley.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,578)