Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Julien2
Level: Powered On

Flow to Capture Image from Powerapps and update to SharePoint List

Hello everyone!

I am trying to build flow for PowerApps application. So I have created a page in PowerApps for users to create a report, and take some pictures from their phones and when they clicks on the save button the flow will start, update the picture to SharePoint list column called “Bills Photo” and trigger the report id that they wants to add the photos on.

Suppose that also the users want to take more than one photo to a report, how can i group the photos to show them in the column close to each others for example: Photo1,Photo2,Photo3…

My SharePoint list contain the following columns:

• ReportID, type information in this column: Lookup, require that this column contains information.
  • Category, type information in this column: Choice.
  • Cost, type information in this column: Number, require that this column contains information.
  • Date, type information in this column: Date and time, require that this column contains information.
  • Description, type information in this column: Multiple Lines Text, require that this column contains information.
  • Bills Photo, type information in this column: Picture.

I followed this amaizing tutorial on Youtube video but this flow in this video don't achieve my needs:

PowerApps Flow Intro Upload an image to SharePoint using Flow

Is it possible to do this flow ? Please can you provide example of this flow ?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Flow to Capture Image from Powerapps and update to SharePoint List

Hey @Julien2 

The Photo/ Hyperlink column in the SharePoint list expects a URL that is less than 255 characters. The images clicked in powerapps will have binary content (basically those are blobs). So you will have to first save those pictures in the Document library and then fetch the image URL's from there. 

Another way is to save these images as attachments to the list items and use the URL to the attachment in the SP column. Note that you cannot populate a Picture type column in Flow so you will have to create the column as Hyperlink and do JSON formatting to view it as an image. 

The best way I can suggest is to create these images as attachments. Here is my blog that can help you pass multiple images from PowerApps to SP via Flow. 

https://www.appliedis.com/newly-released-json-function-for-powerapps/

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Julien2

Hi @yashag2255 

Yes,I have created a flow that will save images in the library, and i add a button in PowerApps after saving the picture, the flow will generate a link for the image in the site.

In my page the user will enter the file name of the image and select a value from the category according the bill information.

But on save i want the flow to save the images URL's based on ReportID of the user.

So when the manager want to check for bills photo's in SharePoint it will redirect him to the URL of the image that the user add it to the report.

Here is the list:

LineItems.PNG

Here is the flow:

CaptureFlow.PNG

Here is the App:

Capture.PNG

So what is the actions i have to add in the flow to achieve it ?

Thank you!

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Julien2 

There are two ways I can think of for this: 

1. The flow that you are using to create the image files, need to have an action to get the item (you pass the item ID from PowerApps as a variable) and after getting the item, use update item and in that action you can simply use the link to the file created from the dynamic selector and update it. 

2. You can add another flow as When a file is created and then get its metadata and in the metadata you need to store the ID of the list item that this needs to be attached to and again use the URL to and the ID to update the item accordingly. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Julien2

Hi @yashag2255 , thanks for replying.

I am trying firstly to build your flow idea about your second step.

So as i understand in this step after getting the file id added to the library, the flow will update Image URL column to the file added in this library.

The flow fails and said that "The file /1 does not exist":

Metadata flow.PNG

When i added an image directly the flow fails, any idea why ?

I will build the flow of your first step, but i want to understand first how can i update the URL of the image automatically to a column in a list.

Thank you!

Julien2

@yashag2255 

Any suggestion ?

Julien2

Any help on how to build the flow to pass images url of the uploaded images in library based on repord id ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,631)